Tour of Polk Design Studio in Vista, CA

verbverb Posts: 2,947
Cool Video especially showing one of the first Polks ever built
https://www.facebook.com/polkaudio/videos/10153346954473583/
Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,654
    edited January 14
    What, no model 7s!?! I'm disappointed ;)
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,189
    All the speakers in the last room used to line a hallway at the Polk HQ in Baltimore.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,046
    edited January 14
    Now they look stuffed into a room and basically forgotten, with the history being a big poster on a wall in a staircase.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• verbverb Posts: 2,947
    F1nut wrote: »
    All the speakers in the last room used to line a hallway at the Polk HQ in Baltimore.

Is it still there? I assume so. A lot of companies have a "creative design studio" in CA while a majority of the engineering operations are elsewhere.

I know that you and other founders have visited the HQ from reading older posts. For those of us not lucky enough, here is another cool report on the Baltimore MD facility.

http://soundadvicenews.com/2016/07/15/inside-polk-audio-a-visit-to-polk-headquarters-in-baltimore-md-april-2007/

Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,113
    2008 was the year I went to HQ, that story brings back a lot of good memories;
    it's a real shame the pictures don't show up though, we have Photo-****-it to thank for that I guess.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
    verb wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

Is it still there? I assume so. A lot of companies have a "creative design studio" in CA while a majority of the engineering operations are elsewhere.

I know that you and other founders have visited the HQ from reading older posts. For those of us not lucky enough, here is another cool report on the Baltimore MD facility.

http://soundadvicenews.com/2016/07/15/inside-polk-audio-a-visit-to-polk-headquarters-in-baltimore-md-april-2007/

No, the 5601 Metro Drive Polk HQ is no more. Most of Polk has moved to the Vista, CA location, but some have moved to a location in Owings Mills, MD where they share a building with Def Tech.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,654
    ^ correct, and will be moving out of sometime this year, I understand, into a larger facility near by.
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 2,149
    Where did D2Lo move on to? Can't recall...
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • verbverb Posts: 2,947
    Changing times ... Didn't Polk move all or most production to Mexico as well?
    verb wrote: »
    Changing times ... Didn't Polk move all or most production to Mexico as well?

That was a long time ago. It's in China now.