Weather at Your House?

1282930313234»

Comments

• -12F this morning here in the bold North. Just the way we like it. That's -25C for you 'nucks.
    Polk SDA SRS 1.2
    Yamaha M-65 (2x, bi-amped)
    Pioneer Elite SC-99
    Polk CS400 center
    Polk MC-60 4x Atmos
    Polk AB700 side surround
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 1,066
    It's currently (4:16 p.m.) 54F twenty-something miles from the Canadian border. Tomorrow's low temperature is expected to be 66 degrees lower than that. :o
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 3,753
    edited January 13
    Viking64 wrote: »
    It's currently (4:16 p.m.) 54F twenty-something miles from the Canadian border. Tomorrow's low temperature is expected to be 66 degrees lower than that. :o

I remember those rare Temp. fluctuations in my life. Tons of people get sick because of it. I never did get sick because I dressed in layers because I knew what the temperatures were going to do since I worked outside most of my life and watched the weather channel religiously.

I did hate all the extra stuff I had to wear, but I got through those awful days.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
    Tony M wrote: »
    I remember those rare Temp. fluctuations in my life. Tons of people get sick because of it. I never did get sick because I dressed in layers because I knew what the temperatures were going to do since I worked outside most of my life and watched the weather channel religiously.

I did hate all the extra stuff I had to wear, but I got through those awful days.

ffa6c9icv6dp.jpeg

Viking64 wrote: »

ffa6c9icv6dp.jpeg

Did I type beyond your understanding of what an Outdoor Blue Collar worker goes through a few times a year ?

I was simply commenting on the post above mine. How I stayed healthy and a lot of others ALWAYS got sick.

A 66-degree temp. change. How would you dress for the day like that if you worked outside from 6:30 AM to 8:00 PM?
    77x735qbbgyj.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
    HAHAHAHAHA Jesus!
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,620
    It was 58 degrees (F) when we went to bed last night -- it is 18 degrees (F) as I type this and dropping. (and a week ago it was -18 degrees F in the morning).

All the snow melted yesterday (except the plowed piles & in deep shade areas) -- now we have a fresh coating of sleety snow gunk.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

^^^^^
    Yup, that's the worst time to drive and a lot of people don't know about black ice. A man passed me in the mountains and I knew there were patches of ice in the shady spots. Less than 5 min. later I drove past the man upside down in his little truck. he was spinning around slowly like a top on the shoulder. I looked at him and he at me. He was strapped in real good and upside down but when I saw his eyes looking at me the way he did, I knew he was ok. But his truck wasn't. I drove on for some reason.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,620
    edited January 13
    ^^^^^
    Yup, that's the worst time to drive and a lot of people don't know about black ice. A man passed me in the mountains and I knew there were patches of ice in the shady spots. Less than 5 min. later I drove past the man upside down in his little truck. he was spinning around slowly like a top on the shoulder. I looked at him and he at me. He was strapped in real good and upside down but when I saw his eyes looking at me the way he did, I knew he was ok. But his truck wasn't. I drove on for some reason.

And it's (almost) always a big, evil pick-em-up truck or a big fancy (or small fancy) SUV, IME.
    The laws of physics still apply to them -- or, as our electrician put it: "Four wheel drive doesn't mean four-wheel stop".

Patty Larkin has a wonderful song about her harrowing drive in a blizzard in a rented Chevy Chevette :)

And trucks were sliding slideways like sons of b!tches
    They were putting on tire chains, rolling into ditches
    And I crawled on by, like God was throwing the switches
    For me and that train
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

edited January 13
    Man, I like her style! Thanks. ;)

But what was the TRAIN she was talking about?