Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 3,753
    The link works for me now too. LSi15's. Nice.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,064
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    If I were close to Chi I'd buy yours Ender :)

Mine sold. I was talking about daboyz and his 25s for 375
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Airplay355Airplay355 Posts: 4,069
    Would buy those too haha but too far away :)
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 28,037
    Someone needs to go buy this....850 is a steal.

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649405853-butler-audio-tdb-3150/

Don't let this bad boy fool you either, if you run it as a 2 channel amp, it will put out over 200 watts per. These amps have balls and finesse, and you'll be hard pressed to find it's limits.
    ERA D-5
    B&K 1403
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    SVS SB-2000 SUB
    Sony 4k bdp
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
    Wireworld eclipse 7 Ic's
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,654
    Looks like someone did...it's marked "Off" and cannot be responded to. I would have grabbed it. I don't need a 3 channel, but, I would have hooked it up at a friends house and gotten him bit by the Butler bug.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• aiconnaiconn Registered User Posts: 6
    This looks pretty interesting if you're in the area and don't mind he has no transactions.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/monitors-focal-807v-martin-logan-dynamo-sub-2018-01-11-speakers
    Nice looking pair of Infinity Reference, nice job on the cabinet refinish. I have no affiliation. As always, if someone is interested I can try and make arrangements, they're not far from my house.
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 1,093
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Nice looking pair of Infinity Reference, nice job on the cabinet refinish. I have no affiliation. As always, if someone is interested I can try and make arrangements, they're not far from my house.

Did I miss the link?
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,392
    I love vintage Infinity? Linky please? Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

Thanks. Great price. Grey woofers do look a bit odd? Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05
    Dabutcher wrote: »

Almost looks painted....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,301

Almost looks painted....

If you enlarge they are not painted as the voice coil leads are as clean as the midranges and same color of glue. I must admit i have never seen Infinity woofers of that color. Wonder if they are factory replacement.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 3,800
    I wonder if Watkins had 2 versions of that woofer.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

pitdogg2 wrote: »

Almost looks painted....

If you enlarge they are not painted as the voice coil leads are as clean as the midranges and same color of glue. I must admit i have never seen Infinity woofers of that color. Wonder if they are factory replacement.

If they painted it from the inside it would look the same. Just saying that driver looks right but like it’s been painted with gray plastic spray paint.
    It does look painted with plastic to me too. I have a bunch of Infinity classics but none have that woofer. But a little web search shows every set of them had those. I've seen a lot of speakers and never came across one of those. They look very high quality, don't they?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
    Going to take a look at them right now.
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

Well, they came home with me...why I have no idea. It's a sickness, man!

He also had a pair of Panasonic, I know Panasonic right? They were different looking speakers than anything I ever remember from Panasonic and they actually sounded pretty good. Some pics below. Had surprisingly good mids and uppers, very clear and detailed without being edgy and decent presentation.

x5t1irxdw0l7.jpg
    5z5b1bpiw4i0.jpg
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 1,093
    Looks like a 12b to me...
    I misspoke, they're actually Technics. They're SB-6000's. They had a 7000 as well with a bigger woofer. Here's a link to some discussion at AK http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/technics-sb-6000a.16765/
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,301
    edited January 13
    You need an intervention Kerry lol
    I have actually heard those a very long time ago. I was a wee little chap my uncle had a pair pushed by some McIntosh gear.
    Technics has made some really good gear back in the day although most of the high end stuff never crossed the pond from my understanding.
    VPI Record cleaner in Twin Cities CL. Seems like a good price? Peace. Dl9ubhhptmdrk.png
  • daboyzdaboyz Posts: 4,507
    Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Parasound HCA-1205A, Oppo BDP-83SE, Marantz SR7008, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, Martin Logan Dynamo Sub, APC S10

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub
    daboyz wrote: »

Local only though lol... besides Steve not sure who else lives nearby?
    edited January 14
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Well, they came home with me...why I have no idea. It's a sickness, man!

He also had a pair of Panasonic, I know Panasonic right? They were different looking speakers than anything I ever remember from Panasonic and they actually sounded pretty good. Some pics below. Had surprisingly good mids and uppers, very clear and detailed without being edgy and decent presentation.

x5t1irxdw0l7.jpg
    5z5b1bpiw4i0.jpg

Those are the little brothers of the ones I bought years ago. I sold them a year later but hated that I had to. I had the Technics SB7070's. 15.00. :o . And I also bought his BIG Pioneer mint cond. receiver. 15.00 too. :o He bought them new and babied them. Those speakers I had were equal to the SRS2's in my opinion. Huge sound stage. 14" woofer was tight and fast and could get really low too. I've seen my pair I sold get resold a couple of times over the years. I almost bought them back but the price had grown to 500 for the pr. I sold them for 200. These speakers were 99% mint cond. too.

I've read over the years, reviews of all the speakers in that series and not one bad one.

Congrats on getting both pr. True Gems! :p B)
  • Airplay355Airplay355 Posts: 4,069
    daboyz wrote: »

$132!?!?!? Wow, what a deal :D
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 448
    The guy that sold those is gonna be real sad
    2 Channel
    BlueSound Node 2 Streaming Tidal I Marantz CD6006 I TEAC AI-3000 I Musical Fidelity M1Dac I Focal Aria 926 I Wireworld Eclipse 7 IC's I Acoustic Zen Satori SC I Pangea AC14SE MkII/PS Audio AC-3 Power Cables

Living Room HT
    Sony XBR65X930E I Q Acoustics 2020i I Q Acoustics 3090c I FXI-A4's I DIY 15" Dayton SW I

Man Cave
    BENQ HT2050 I Silver Ticket 120" Fixed Screen I JBL Bar 3.1
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 848
    Here's your Sansui AU-717 ! https://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/d/sansui-au-717-integrated/6459520073.html No affil. Only $750.00, recently recapped. Looks like a nice one too!
    zb7fymxfames.jpg