Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,711
    or Back to the Future :)

x4rbur0mj0zf.png
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,811
    Here's a picture of my wood.

55jsj6xjtxft.jpeg
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    Good -- it's disappearin' fast up this-a-ways thanks to the crazy cold snap since Christmas (currently in remission, though).
    https://www.npr.org/2018/01/11/577453517/how-firewood-is-faring-in-vermont-after-severe-cold-spell
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
    Every man looks upon his wood pile with a kind of affection.
    -- Thoreau

• tonybtonyb Posts: 29,537
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Here's a picture of my wood.

55jsj6xjtxft.jpeg

Ya know....I looked at your wood....but I had one eye closed, just in case.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • verbverb Posts: 2,938
    Winters in Michigan always force me to put my toys to bed. But it gives me a chance to work on my speakers !!!

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/179960/another-1c-upgrade-path#latest

505dav782aaf.jpg

xlvbl5tq20q7.jpg

Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,478
    That front wheel on the first one is sweet.
    Got Dayens?
    Clipdat wrote: »
    That front wheel on the first one is sweet.

Thanks @clipdat. My first Harley. 99 Sportster has 2500 miles on it. Bought it used 5 years ago for 2 grand and since over doubled that amount with many mods. Whole new front end to accomodate the Paul Yaffe front wheel. Upgraded engine, brakes, chrome, custom bags, stupid money, etc ...

Just picked up the 2003 Heritage Softail earlier this year. What a different ride !!!

Love em both !!!

Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,478
    Sportster all dayyyyy
    No comparison :)
    Got Dayens?
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,654
    edited January 12
    ge9g5bw5f7w9.jpg

When the local SWAT wants to do drills....

They come to me (my back yard that is).
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ge9g5bw5f7w9.jpg

When the local SWAT wants to do drills....

They come to me (my back yard that is).

As long as it's just a drill -- you don't have anything to tell us, do you?

:)

I vividly remember birding along the Nashua River with my wife one afternoon in Harvard, MA some years back. The other side of the river was still part of the Army's Ft. Devens. There were exercises going on. Soldiers in full battle gear running through the brush, dropping like that & firing.

It was a little -- unnerving.

:)

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,654
    Yeah, just an exercise. That pic was actually taken by Caety (significant other) while I was working out of state. Said an officer came to the door and asked permission to use the property. I think the only thing that bothered us about it is the fact that there's an elementary school directly across the street from us and that there may be a need for that kind of preparedness.

I figure it this way though: it's better to have and not need than to need and not have (in this case a plan and preparation).
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ... I think the only thing that bothered us about it is the fact that there's an elementary school directly across the street from us and that there may be a need for that kind of preparedness.

I figure it this way though: it's better to have and not need than to need and not have (in this case a plan and preparation).

That's a big 10-4.

:|

• mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,501
    I vividly remember birding along the Nashua River with my wife one afternoon

Uhm ......
    There were exercises going on.

I'm not exactly sure if that's really appropriate for ....
    ..... running through the brush, dropping like that & firing.

:o

Well ! Yet, still .....

mrw-i-see-this-gif-after-i-havent-seen-it-in-a-while-22113.gif

MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Sportster all dayyyyy
    No comparison :)
    Yep that's why I decided to keep the Sporty !!! Acceleration, handling, etc., more crisp than the Heritage.
    The Heritage is a great cruiser !!! Long distance rides, lower CG, comfort, just more refined than the visceral Sportster.
    Gotta have both !!!
  • OldmanSRSOldmanSRS Posts: 442
    nbrowser wrote: »
    A picture...of a picture...yeah I'm bored...

ofq7xi6a7jjn.jpg

Gizmo on the left, is posting pictures on facebook again.
    b0x38fo9jmpx.jpg
    '65 427 Shelby AC Cobra
    '72 Triumph TR-6
    '05 HSU VTF-3 Sub
    '93 Carver TFM-35 (just because)
    '88 Carver M-1.0t (just because)
    '14 PGA2310 based custom remote volume control
    '88 Adcom GFP-555
    '88 Adcom GFA-555 (upgraded/restored)
    '05 Onkyo DV-555 media
    '89 Pioneer Laser Disc media
    '89 Sony SuperBeta HiFi media
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 780
    Listening buddy!

GrPjUpv.jpg
    2 Channel
    BlueSound Node 2 Streaming Tidal I Marantz SA8005 I Music Hall MMF7.3 I Lounge Audio LCR Mk III I Backert Labs Rhumba 1.1 I B&K Ref 200.2 I Focal Aria 926 I Wireworld Eclipse 7 IC's I Acoustic Zen Satori SC I Pangea AC14SE MkII/PS Audio AC-3 Power Cables

Living Room HT
    Sony XBR65X930E I Marantz NR-1608 I Q Acoustics 2020i I Q Acoustics 3090c I FXI-A4's I DIY 15" Dayton SW

• Tony MTony M Posts: 5,855
    edited January 14
    c733lpax4do0.jpg
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    vgw2j1e0our0.jpg
    edited January 14
    Deleted
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,053
    C'mon Santa Ana CA drivers...this takes some real skill. GTA V level skillz.

Those Santa Ana winds must have been brutal over the weekend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Ana_winds
  • xschopxschop Posts: 853
    gga26ibvvura.jpg
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,072
    Tony M wrote: »
    Deleted

$1
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,537
    C'mon Santa Ana CA drivers...this takes some real skill. GTA V level skillz.

vng4hg54s4hk.jpg

Could be the dude had a real bad tooth ache, given what he crashed into. If not before....definitely after. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
    I heard about that 2nd floor crash... sounds like fodder for one of those Farmers' Insurance commercials. :|

edited January 15
    Deleted again.

Do you see my Facebook page when I post a picture from it?

When I click on the link after I post it here, my page link comes up. That's why I've deleted it. Nothing too much to hide but politically incorrect info. might pop up here and there.
    Depending on browser: you should be able to right click on an image, choose "copy image" and then simply paste here.

This uploads a copy to this forum's servers, assigns a URL to it, and adds "img" tags so that it's 1) hosted locally and 2) displayed.

I do it all the time (albeit not from Facebook -- I don't "do" facebook).

Here's an example... :)

j8mh9n1osx9c.png

original image URL:
    https://c8.staticflickr.com/4/3918/14285982279_15a7d8d1a1_b.jpg

hotlink:

14285982279_15a7d8d1a1_b.jpg

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1988-10-28/entertainment/8802110267_1_speakers-matthew-polk-midrange-drivers

That's what I thought. I see an image on facebook and then right click. A little list of 5 things pops up. If I don't see copy picture or copy url, I click copy link. Then a littler box with a URL code pops up. I copy that. Then I paste it here. The last 2 times my page screen pops up too.

Then when I paste the copied Picture, I must also be copying a link to my Facebook page too, because it pops up and I can click on my home or friends and it goes there too. It must be when I see LINK, don't paste it.
    edited January 15
    This time I didn't see a url box so it was only one right click and copy link click. But then I posted it here and clickred on it, my page poped up with the picture but then my page info bar disapeared quickly. I'll try it again.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2001158949898159&set=gm.1456386431105348&type=3