Bullet-proof albums

124»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    And no Bieber...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    rule number one for album covers should be "shirts, please".
    At least for males.

I agree 100%.

Now, back to what we are listening to:

2ybnz7wurm2m.jpg
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited January 2018
    I would like to include this album in the thread. (The sound quality is absolutely outstanding as well. In other words, please release an SHM-SACD of this album).:
    ok02p639jmx4.jpg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    I spent a little time looking at this thread so as not to do much repeating. I’d like to second the comment about the first Dire Straits cover art. It looks like it could be an ECM cover, which gives away the fact that I’m listening to a lot more jazz these days. I am a little surprised that no one has yet mentioned Jethro Tull. Thick as a Brick is my favorite as an entire album. It’s kind of a shame that you have to get up and flip it over. Tull concerts were very well worth the time and they are doing a 50th anniversary tour this year.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Jethro Tull was the closest I ever came to permanently losing my hearing at a concert!