Sometimes I just need a reminder...

Wife and I have been busy recently and I have not had a lot of time to just enjoy my 2ch system.

Well tonight my wife has both the kids out for swim practice and I was left with an empty house...

I warmed up the system with a couple of songs and then put on David Gilmour's "Live at Pompeii" album and I just got to indulge. Naturally I have it louder than normal volumes since the house is empty. However, once Comfortable Numb came on, it mandated volume and a lot of it.

By the time Gilmour was into his solo I realized I had turned the system to MAX, for the first time ever. Not only was it glorious, but I was even able to break out some serious air guitar and just forget about everything.

It's amazing how good it feels to just get absorbed into the music and let everything else go!

Now I better go vacuum the house before my gets home!

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Awesome!!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Good album. Alone time with the system is mandatory in my life...keeps my attitude proper.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited January 2018
    How stupid I really am.

Not you, but me. Enjoy your evening.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Good album. Alone time with the system is mandatory in my life...keeps my attitude proper.

When has your attitude ever been "proper"? :p
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    FestYboy wrote: »

When has your attitude ever been "proper"? :p

Maybe we haven't seen his bad side yet... :#
  • kharp1
    That's what it takes to keep me in a maintainable state, other wise I revert to "serial killer" mode.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    You're always in serial killer mode.
    "Maintainable" just means time for planning where you'll go out with your new skin suit on.

As I understand it, anyway.
    I disabled signatures.
  • kharp1
    edited January 2018
    Man, I can't comprehend life without at least 20-30 minuted in front of the system to start my day off. That and my Nespresso machine.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    It's all about the Rosabaya pods!
    Man, I can't comprehend life without at least 20-30 minuted in front of the system to start my day off. That and my Nespresso machine.

• kharp1
    Clipdat wrote: »
    It's all about the Rosabaya pods!

I haven't touched my Original machine wince I got the Virtuo machine a couple of months ago. Still can get the Cafe Cubano and the Alto has become my new favorite.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    That's what it takes to keep me in a maintainable state, other wise I revert to "serial killer" mode.

Don't we all ?? :)

Sounds like if you ever lose power, and can't make coffee or listen to music, you turn into a Zombie on the hunt. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    edited January 2018
    Wow max volume. Scarry, never been there. 7/8 is as much as I've been brave enough to try. Ears start bleading at that point.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    I was thinking about it afterwards. It would not have been true max volume for the system.

I forgot that I have the Parasound dialed back to about 80% to better match the Oppo.