Best power amp for LSIM 707's?

2»

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited January 2018
    hlshure wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I have the A31, 2250, and XPA3. I had a bad bout of rapid an incessant upgradeitis and don't remember what I had when I got the 707's. I imagine that the 2250 would be fine though.

What are you running right now and is HT or music your main application? How does your current setup sound and is there anything lacking in your opinion?

It's supposed to be HT but I ran out of stuff to watch so it does music mostly. I have to say that I liked my Monitor 70's better for music.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    WLDock wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    Even TV now has awesome sound effects that just blow me away and wonder how many millions of people don't hear what I'm hearing. I know some don't care but I sure do.
    Dude! Folks watching Hawaii Five-0, Game of Thrones, Netflix, etc are missing out if they don't at least have a soundbar and a sub. Take it up to five channels and the better it gets! Heck, just the other day running just the front LCR in my house the Mrs. said she heard sounds off to the far side and behind her.

Yup, 5.1 here in the living room AND dining room too. I thought about my main bedroom but I have to draw the line there. I need sleep more than 5.1 in there.

The new Swat show gets the HT power turned on. My wife likes it too. The bass that these shows have now is incredible!

I'm glad I've lived long enough to see BIG flat tv.s and 5.1 for the home. I know there's 9.2 and Atmos and 4K Ultra HD, but HD and 5.1 are still awesome.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 475
    Monoprice has a $999 200wpc 20-20khz all ch driven Amplifier in your price range. Parasound is a brand I’ve mostly read about but have no experience with so I can’t compare. Hope you find what you are looking for.

For most of my listening pleasure, I power my 707 with a MA-5200. It’s only 100wpc but plenty for the low SPL I listen to, volume stays mostly at 50. The 707’s are much easier to drive than the LSi25 they replaced. The LSi25 are now just powered by an Atmos AVR MTM section only and as L/R so not as demanding as stereo music. The LSi subs are also connected to the L/R pre-out and calibrated with audyssey so hot and blending better.

The Halo is a pretty nice integrated. I really like the fact that the pre-out has both high-pass and low-pass available. With the power, available features it’s a reasonable package. I was recently looking to move the MA-5200 to another room and replace it with an MA-8900. Not so sure now.
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine