SDA-CRS/CRS+ Something Different

Options
2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    You'd want to keep that monster away from the tweeter inductor.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Was afraid of that. Would have been nice to have all be right there accessable by 4 screws.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Remote mount it with faston leads to the board like Polk used.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Like Jesse says, you want the SuperQ as far away as possible. Difficult in the CRS cabinet though, since you don't want it near the woofer magnets either.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • xschop
    Options
    I'm changing out the factory inductor leads also to 16g OFC with a little extra length.
    I noticed there is an "R" and a "P" on the board. Does it matter which way they are connected to factory inductor inputs?
  • F1nut
    Options
    No

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This is the 2nd set of factory CRS+ crossovers I've found and removed these bypass caps. Why the 1000 at 50%?

rn7ogze1rg0m.jpg

• F1nut
    Options
    Probably all they had on hand at the time. It's how things worked at Polk back then.

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    Options
    Cap tolerance must have come a long way since then.