Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,602
    So far this wild card weekend, the Saints are the only ones that look good offensively
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,566
    Defense wins championships, and Minnesota is pretty much first in all categories that count in that regard.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Jax got D, but if you can't put up a decent run on the board you can't win

I expect to see better football next weekend
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,357
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    So far this wild card weekend, the Saints are the only ones that look good offensively

I watched that game and the refs definitely didn't call a lot of blatant penalties on the Saints that would've stopped their progress on numerous series! And I thought the Saints would have it easy. Man was I ever wrong! Carolina had a lot of team mistakes for sure but would they have had as many if they were blowing the Saints out of the water? I doubt it. Cam would've been a lot happier instead of low energy most of the game.

I said earlier in the season the refs were deciding the games sometimes it seemed. I hadn't seen too much ref BS the past few weeks and even the 3 games before Carolina Vs. Saints. But tonight, My blood pressure still feels high as can be. And I won 20.00 but I would rather see a FAIR GAME by the officials!

Good Grief, it was so obvious!

May next week games be officiated fairly!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,936
    Tony M wrote: »

May next week games be officiated fairly!

Good luck with that...

HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • teekay0007teekay0007 Posts: 2,033
    dromunds wrote: »
    I heard a joke last night about why its been so cold lately. Its because hell is freezing over because the Vikings are heading to the Super Bowl. Lol. No offense purple and gold fans.

Well, WE aren't in yet! In fact, we still have a great deal of work to do, likely it'll take beating the Saints and the Falcons. It would be nice though, since this could all be done AT HOME. I ain't sayin' nuthin' though, 'cuz I don't want to jinx it all! :o

What I got the BIGGEST kick out of, from the dromunds quote above, was that jeremymarcinko was one of the checkers of the 'LOL' icon following the thread entry..............................He's a major BROWNS fan!!!! He has no room to be LOL'ing about anybody and their absence from the Super Bowl! Now, that is funny stuff - LOL!

• dromundsdromunds Posts: 6,954
    I for one hope you can do it - how fortunate it would be for your fans to be able to attend the Super Bowl at home. That just doesn’t seem to happen to North teams. Of course, the baseball All-Star game was in Milwaukee awhile back and it was impossible to get tickets unless you could sacrifice your first born. I hope if you make it that there is some provision for season ticket holders at least to have dibs on some tickets by lottery or something, at a reasonable face value. I know when our team has gone to the SB the tickets were very expensive but most of the cost was travel and lodging both of which are jacked up by the mercantile predators. Anyway, you earned the bye which helps a lot to heal up and should be a couple of good weekends coming up and good luck.
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,442
    9tcd8xyxora8.jpg

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.

Political memes posted as fact and accepted as fact, are sign language of the ignorant, for the ignorant

We use to lock up the mental cases to protect the children. Now we lock the children up to protect them from the mental cases.

• jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 2,946
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    dromunds wrote: »
    I heard a joke last night about why its been so cold lately. Its because hell is freezing over because the Vikings are heading to the Super Bowl. Lol. No offense purple and gold fans.

Well, WE aren't in yet! In fact, we still have a great deal of work to do, likely it'll take beating the Saints and the Falcons. It would be nice though, since this could all be done AT HOME. I ain't sayin' nuthin' though, 'cuz I don't want to jinx it all! :o

What I got the BIGGEST kick out of, from the dromunds quote above, was that jeremymarcinko was one of the checkers of the 'LOL' icon following the thread entry..............................He's a major BROWNS fan!!!! He has no room to be LOL'ing about anybody and their absence from the Super Bowl! Now, that is funny stuff - LOL!

I’ll determine what I can and can’t laugh at, thank you...but for your information, what I found humorous was hell freezing over as the reason it’s been so cold recently. That’s funny.
    0h4046glhlsj.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
    edited January 8
    This College Final being played in 20 min. is almost 50/50 with Alabama favored by 4 points. It should be a good one!
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,193
    Go Dawgs!
    Man I thought Mayhem would at least make it to the Super Bowl before he broke his new year resolution.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
    Alright I’m not staying up for OT. Congrats to the winners. Hopefully GA...
    Got to hand it to Alabama.

Just like the Saints, the refs. helped but just a time or two. I feel the Dawgs chocked in overtime and in the end of the 4th quarter. They could've, shoud've put some more points between them. They failed to...they lost in the end. But it was fun and entertaining for the most part! B)

The facemask by the Georgia corner might have cost them the game. It takes a team but when every foot matters, DON'T TACKLE A GUY BY HIS Fricken FACE-MASK! :s

That quarterback for Georgia choked at the end of the 4th quarter too. :(
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,442
    Here come the squealers.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.

Political memes posted as fact and accepted as fact, are sign language of the ignorant, for the ignorant

We use to lock up the mental cases to protect the children. Now we lock the children up to protect them from the mental cases.

43sc1ykj63qe.jpg
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,566
    Drew Brees looks impressive..
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,532
    edited January 14
    The Vikings are playing with the intensity of a team that will win the Super Bowl. I haven't seen that to this degree so far this weekend.
    Viking64 wrote: »
    The Vikings are playing with the intensity of a team that will win the Super Bowl.

And they have the D to hurt Brady and cause him to make mistakes
    Remember Brady didn't look good against the Dolphins
    You said "D". LOLOLOLOLOL :p
    You said "D". LOLOLOLOLOL :p

But I didn't say DD
    But I didn't say DD

Yeah, that was in another thread. :D
    But I didn't say DD

Yeah, that was in another thread. :D

No, I said "cheez gotta nice bumper" :p

No, I said "cheez gotta nice bumper" :p
    That's another thread altogether. Although a most-notable one. :p
    edited January 14
    OUCH on the Saints red flags

Now let's see what happens w/o Xavier
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 773
    What a game that was! Real entertaining football this weekend for the most part
    2 Channel
    BlueSound Node 2 Streaming Tidal I Marantz SA8005 I Music Hall MMF7.3 I Lounge Audio LCR Mk III I Backert Labs Rhumba 1.1 I B&K Ref 200.2 I Focal Aria 926 I Wireworld Eclipse 7 IC's I Acoustic Zen Satori SC I Pangea AC14SE MkII/PS Audio AC-3 Power Cables

Living Room HT
    Sony XBR65X930E I Marantz NR-1608 I Q Acoustics 2020i I Q Acoustics 3090c I FXI-A4's I DIY 15" Dayton SW

Hey John...momma was right
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,603
    What a game!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 978
    That catch will be remembered for years! Go Vikes!!
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,181
    Go Bears