Soon I can unleash the SDA's again!

Got a house, moving in on Feb 1st.

I am VERY excited to be able to actually listen to my SDA2Bs again! Ever since my single noise complaint I have kept to low listening or headphones, feels great to have freedom again. Now to start saving to upgrade the rig again.
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    Congrat's. One of the reasons my nearest neighbor is 75 yards away, is so I can crank it when I want.

I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751

I am VERY excited to be able to actually listen to my SDA2Bs again! Ever since my single noise complaint I have kept to low listening or headphones, feels great to have freedom again. Now to start saving to upgrade the rig again.

Party at your current place on the 27th???

Congratulations on getting a house.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    TNTsTunes wrote: »

No doubt air them out one last time at the old place :smiley:

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited January 2018
    F1nut wrote: »
    Congrats Cody, don't blow them up the first day....lol

Thanks, if i'm not frying the tweeters it ain't loud enough :D
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

No doubt air them out one last time at the old place :smiley:

Oh bud i'll make sure the old complaining neighbors hear them one last time while I am moving my stuff out. >:)

It's just nice to see life coming together more and more. We initially didn't think we were going to get a new place but things fell into place at the last second and MANY stars aligned. I counted my blessing thrice that day.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    congrats - nothing like being able to stretch the legs!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Atta boy, Cody!
  • codycatalist
    edited January 2018

Just remember to bring your speakers so we can have a listening party. :D

• Congrats!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Fantastic!!! Single homes are the best.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Have fun!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Cool, congratulations!
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Very happy to hear this! Glad you can use your 2B's again. I used to do headphones a lot more years ago, but speakers are a much different (and better) method of listening to music.

Enjoy your listening sessions.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • codycatalist
    First pictures of the new house...well at least the parts that matter.

8w2vx6m67ht2.jpeg
    giz9777wkwbk.jpeg
    tu48ilr0nvgp.jpeg

I’ll eventually get stands for the advents but in no rush, I use it for house cleaning music anyways.