SurroundBar 3000 - way to keep on?

I was able to connect the sound bar with a new TV. The soundbar shuts off after a period of time. Is there a setting so it doesn't shut off? When I turn on the TV with the remove and the sound bar is off, it shows as "no speakers". I've also tried pairing the remote with the sound bar (un successful)

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. The soundbar has an auto on/off function that puts the unit into standby if there's no incoming signal for a few minutes. If this is happening whenever there's a signal, it might be that the incoming level is too low to prevent the auto functioning from happening. If possible try increasing the level of the incoming signal.
    I'm not sure I completely understand the "no speakers" part of your question, most of the time the TV's internal speakers should be set to "off" so they aren't heard along with the soundbar.
    As long as you use the remote that comes with your TV and providing that remote isn't a RF (radio frequency) type remote you should be able to teach the Polk to respond. The way to determine if the TV remote is RF is to put a pillow in front of the remote and see if the TV responds. If it doesn't then it is an IR (infrared type) and you should be fine.
    Regards, Ken
  • Thanks... the remote we use is from Verizon for the cable box. I have it paired to both the tv and cable box. I was trying to pair the power button of the soundbar to the power button of the verizon remote. I was able to pair vol up, vol down, and mute, but not the on/off button on the verizon remote. any suggestions? i'd prefer not to use a separate remote
  • The problem with using the cable remote is that it sends too many commands since it has to control lots of different brands. It is better to use the remote that came with the TV since it only "speaks" whatever brand your TV is. You'll have to first erase any commands learned by the Polk, to do this you place the bar in standby mode (the LED will be red) then touch the "learn" button for a second or two until LED blinks. Now the memory has been wiped clean and use the TV remote to program the Polk as per the instructions.
  • Thanks.... I understand. I'll give it a try
  • You're welcome, glad to be of help.
  • I too have the same problem with the 'auto off' feature kicking in. I'm listening to music at low levels in the background.

Is there a way to deactivate the 'auto-off' feature?

Thanks.
  • Not that I'm aware of. Try raising the level of the signal feeding the bar and then lower the bar's volume to get it to background levels.