Soundbar 3000 original remote not working

New battery installed correctly. Not working. Original remote for Soundbar 3000 does not control the soundbar. Otherwise, I did train my cable provider remote to work, but the sound is too loud. When the cable remote sound is turned all the way down, to zero (per display on TV, Soundbar volume still very loud. Which is why I wanted to get oringinal remote to work.

I read somewhere that I can get the cable TV remote to be trained to the Soundbar mute. Correct?

But main problem is non-functioning original remote.

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Place the bar in the standby mode, the LED will be red. Then push and hold the "learn" button until the LED blinks. This will erase all stored memory and the bar should only respond to the Polk remote. If you've changed the battery and it doesn't control the bar telephone 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and have the unit's serial number available.
    Regards, Ken
  • Hello,
    I'm having the same issues. I have an IR repeater for other devices and it indicates the remote is broadcasting but the Surroundbar 3000 isn't responding despite clearing the stored memory as Ken stated. I had this exact issue last year and got a new remote but the issue has resurfaced again. After clearing the stored memory I tried to use the Learn function with the factory remote without any luck. I guess I'll contact Polk and see what they can do for me. Odd issue and a little frustrating as I would love to use the original remote.
    Regards, JB
  • I have had my Polk 3000 soundbar for about 6 years. I use it with a Samsung 46" LED TV. I have programmed it to work with my Xfinity X1 remote, which works perfectly. But it used to ALSO respond to the original remote, so I could control the subwoofer. Now it doesn't. Tested the battery (CR2025H) and it reads 3.3v, so the problem is not a dead battery. I've tried putting the bar in standby (red LED) and pushing the "learn" button until the light blinks to erase the memory, but the bar still does not respond to the Polk remote. What's wrong?
  • Hello,
    Possibly a defective remote. Give Polk a call at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 2 for replacement parts.
  • I have a 3000 soundbar. , can i put another sub onto this setup ??
  • I have the Surround bar 9000. I was never able to successfully pair a TV remote and, more recently, the included remote no longer works. I've confirmed the remote is sending a signal. The issue seems to be with the sound bar itself.
  • Hello,
    You would need to work with Polk CS at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and have the unit's serial number available.
  • Can't turn off "MUTE" sign which appeared on upper right corner of screen.
  • Just had this same issue and fixed it the old fashioned way. After trying a new battery with no luck, I banged it hard against my knee a few times and voila! Sounds dumb but maybe this well help someone else.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    stevendo wrote: »
    Just had this same issue and fixed it the old fashioned way. After trying a new battery with no luck, I banged it hard against my knee a few times and voila! Sounds dumb but maybe this well help someone else.

I like your style B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk