What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited January 2018
    Listening to Slacker Radio's Martini Lounge station. It's good, except there is song called Bonnie and Clyde that just came on by Serge Gainsbourg (I believe from the classic movie) that is a little weird (not sure in a good way either). You judge for yourself, but IMO, it doesn't belong and fit in with the rest of the music on the Martini Lounge station:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDAuaStv2Kk
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I Love this video and song!
    https://youtu.be/i8UYPtRlQUY
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited January 2018
    I always liked this song and video/performance. Tim's version is my favorite despite there being many renditions of it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMTEtDBHGY4
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    ^^^^^^
    WOW

That WAS beautiful and moving!

Thanks!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    mv2wzangrmmz.jpg
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    osf5gh6qk3yr.jpg

Cinderella- Long Cold Winter

Playing this in honor of the What's The Weather at Your House Thread.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Earl Scruggs born this day in 1924
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    World Gone Wrong

nlaucotnkrin.jpg
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    sjb1kiid3ep7.jpg

UFO-The Deca Years baisicly the first 2 UFO albums plus some added on tracks. Second best era after the Schenkner era.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    UFO-The Deca Years baisicly the first 2 UFO albums plus some added on tracks. Second best era after the Schenkner era.

^^^^ Here is wisdom. :)

I just bought the most recent Chrysalis remasters of all 5 of the Schenker-era studio albums on CD, although I have to say, I am very partial to the Mick Bolton era UFO stuff. B)

ichnvm0t59du.jpg
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Tidal HiFi - Black Oak Arkansas - High On the Hog

vzxfb6fp1ibm.jpeg
  • BlueMDPicker
    Tidal HiFi - Wet Willie - S/T

6zafo0l2bbs4.jpeg
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    429p9091ltal.jpg

Journey • Dream After Dream..........half speed mastered LP
    Goggle image my cover is not very nice. Vinyl is NM
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • BlueMDPicker
    Tidal HiFi - Magic Sam Live

vyjpqm2q7v96.jpeg
  • pumpkinman
    cml4337qh5fo.jpg

Jan Garbarek, Charlie Haden & Egberto Gismonti • Folk Songs

Another $5 find from today's adventure in these frijid temperatures. :smile:
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    4thdwv5z6y49.jpg

Pat Metheny • Off Ramp
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Saturday night Rock and Roll. Currently, Metallica is playing.

n98odpl0gmef.png
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pumpkinman
    b8hszai9rnzi.jpg
    93ql3o1ag5sa.jpg

I ventured out into cold today at the request of my Mrs. Stopped by DD's after we went to Bethlehem for she who shall not be named.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    tlrte6atrs1l.jpg

UB40 • UB44.......UK for $1
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Woah! Two people liked my Prodigy CD post?! I was not expecting that! Thanks @lunazul and @headrott!

I can tell you who didn't like that CD when I played it earlier, my wife! Hahah, she said it made her feel "incredibly stressed" or something like that.

Well, it did sound a little bit dated, but as it should - it was released ~26 years ago in 1992!
  • BlueMDPicker
    Tidal HiFi - Lorde/Melodrama

a0i2bfgme111.jpg
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Mornin' Folks.
    Bob Dylan: New Morning.