Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Larry Fitzgerald belongs in purple and gold before he retires. He was a ball boy for the Vikings back in the day.

I remember them talking about him when he was in high school and how he was getting advice from Cris Carter. Nothing like getting trained by the best hands in the business.

He really has turned out to be one of the classiest guys in the league.

Agreed, and he is the exact type of player the NFL should be putting on a pedestal for others to look up to and aspire to become.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    tonyb wrote: »
    Can the Bears suck any more than they do ? I mean wtf.....6 tries to get it in the endzone from under the 10 yard line and fail. Double face palm material there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avRHH9uAL4Q
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    My life as a Seahawks fan...

p2qhjtv3zdzx.jpg
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited January 2018
    Raiders, Gruden 10 mil a year for 10 years.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    ^^^^
    Is that a fact?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Yep, 100 million dollar man.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Heard he was getting partial ownership as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • I heard just the opposite.

• nooshinjohn
    From Business Insider...

A surprise candidate has emerged as a potential destination for Jon Gruden's seemingly inevitable return to coaching, but it probably should not have been a surprise at all — the Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders are planning to aggressively pursue Jon Gruden in an effort to bring him back as their head coach, according to Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN.

According to the report, Gruden would be "tempted to accept" the offer and that it could even include an ownership stake in the team.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited January 2018
    That is old news. I am pretty sure due too the large salary, team ownership stake was not
    included. I guess we will need to wait for the final details.

COLIN COWHERD: Jon Gruden is the new head coach of the Raiders. It will be announced Tuesday. It's the longest coaching deal in NFL history-- 10 years, $100 million. The deal is no ownership, it is salary. Remember, it's moving to Nevada, no state tax like Florida, where Gruden lives. He likes money.

• Tony M
    I liked Gruden as a coach and as a super knowledgeable announcer.

I'd miss his informative announcing if he goes back to coaching. :(
  • He won't make it until the end of his contract. Guaranteed.
  • nooshinjohn
    Agreed

• Tony M
    I don't know.

What about that 70-year old coach of the Sea Hawks ( I think ) ?

70 and still coaching, Gruden could do that too. ;)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    He discounted the partial ownershio thing on Golic and Wingo.
  • Just finished watching the Browns 0-16 parade online ..Great stuff!! Lots of hilarious floats and comments. Police were saying close to 10,000 people showed up in the freezing cold to have fun with this.

1jtxa9g39grx.png
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Tony M
    That's cool that there were all those die-hard fans there to still show support and hope and humor too.

There are some NFL games today. Starting at 4:30.
  • Tony M
    Gruden just said nothing is final yet.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited January 2018
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Chargers a day late and a win short, can't believe the Titans are in[/quote]

Like I said, can't believe Titans are in the playoffs...

...Not a chargers fan, but thought they would have been a better match up and game to watch
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    edited January 2018
    Tony M wrote: »
    I liked Gruden as a coach and as a super knowledgeable announcer.

I'd miss his informative announcing if he goes back to coaching. :(
    I don't and I wouldn't. He annoys the living pi$$ out of me. At least his "s-backing" isn't as bad as Chris Collinsworth, though.

Still, listening to ANY NFL commentator these days is painful. The word "route" is pronounced as "root", but none of them seem to know that. They say "DEE-fense" instead of the proper "duh-FENSE". They use the most ridiculous metaphors to describe a number of situations. And then you get jack-wads like Phil Simms that say "sad" for "side".

And don't even get me started on the mental-retardation that is fantasy football. *doublefacemaskpalm*
  • txcoastal1
    Waaaaahhhhh
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Viking64
    Waaaaahhhhh

Yeah, and you edited your post above and the quote in it is still effed up. You're one of THEM, aren't you?
  • txcoastal1
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Waaaaahhhhh

Yeah, and you edited your post above and the quote in it is still effed up. You're one of THEM, aren't you?

I didn't edit anything

One of who...are you talking bout my dialect, yup I'ma Texan :p

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    The Chiefs are going to blow it.
  • txcoastal1
    And don't even get me started on the mental-retardation that is fantasy football. *doublefacemaskpalm*

So how many fantasy points does Mariota get for being the passer and the TD receiver for the TD he scored...LOL

• kevhed72

So how many fantasy points does Mariota get for being the passer and the TD receiver for the TD he scored...LOL
    12.....unless you are in one of those dumb yardage leagues
  • txcoastal1
    Mularkey and Mariota must have gold horseshoes stuffed in-da-bung. That was an ugly win, but congrats

• kevhed72
    Nothing like a QB putting a block on your linebacker....ouch
    0l2gn5u58iae.jpeg
  • Viking64
    I didn't edit anything
    txcoastal1 Posts: 8,574
    6:15PM edited 6:16PM

Suuuuuure you didn't. And I see the quote function is still kicking your a$$. :p
  • txcoastal1
    I didn't edit anything
    txcoastal1 Posts: 8,574
    6:15PM edited 6:16PM

Suuuuuure you didn't. And I see the quote function is still kicking your a$$. :p

I tried to see why the quote didn't separate, but didn't edit...that was a vanilla glitch :p:p:p