Lost in space of audio

2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Space is kind of a problem it’s a rather small apartment
    I started playing with the Yamaha eq settings and went up with the highs and lows 2db
    Anyone has experience with a good set up for this speakers and a Yamaha receiver ?
    The center kind of clears the tv. It is the S35
    I guess that’s why is so slim

Thanks for the help

The optimal set up will vary from system to system and room to room. Use the calibration program to set a base line then tweak to your liking from there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    I would want the center channel speaker closer to the front edge of the TV stand so the sound doesn't have to reflect off of the stand as soon as it leaves the speaker, but that's just me...
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• TNTsTunes wrote: »
    I would want the center channel speaker closer to the front edge of the TV stand so the sound doesn't have to reflect off of the stand as soon as it leaves the speaker, but that's just me...

Sadly it doesn’t fit beneath

• Any ideas where the headaches with the systems comes from
    I mean too much treble ?
    Too much bass?
    Too much controls to tweak? Lol
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes wrote: »

Will it fit in front of the TV without blocking the screen?

• TNTsTunes wrote: »
    TNTsTunes wrote: »

Will it fit in front of the TV without blocking the screen?

Good idea
    Function before form

wkpvjkzgeup3.jpeg

• F1nut
    edited January 2018
    There ya go. Now pull the mains out a bit and toe them in slightly. You might also want to try angling the center up slightly.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TNTsTunes
    ^^^^^ Agreed.

It still looks good too.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Love your room and your setup. I know you are bound with aesthetics and WAF.

When you get some alone time you really need to pull those speakers out at least 3"-4" (preferably 6") in front of that cabinets and play with toe'ing in the speakers.

We just want you to experience that moment where you get true stereo imaging and sound stage. When you do this set your receiver in "pure direct" or 2 channel only using your speakers. You'll sit in the sweet spot.

It will make the difference of between just listening to music...vs really hearing the music as intended/recorded with "stereo"

This will enable you to understand what and why we have critiqued your system...which is really nice. Understandably you may not me able to leave it this way 24/7, but you will see what it can produce and what it was designed for and help you tweek the system.

Google up any terms I have posted that you don't understand...you'll thank us later

---Cheers
    Welcome to Club Polk

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Love your room and your setup. I know you are bound with aesthetics and WAF.

When you get some alone time you really need to pull those speakers out at least 3"-4" (preferably 6") in front of that cabinets and play with toe'ing in the speakers.

We just want you to experience that moment where you get true stereo imaging and sound stage. When you do this set your receiver in "pure direct" or 2 channel only using your speakers. You'll sit in the sweet spot.

It will make the difference of between just listening to music...vs really hearing the music as intended/recorded with "stereo"

This will enable you to understand what and why we have critiqued your system...which is really nice. Understandably you may not me able to leave it this way 24/7, but you will see what it can produce and what it was designed for and help you tweek the system.

Google up any terms I have posted that you don't understand...you'll thank us later

---Cheers
    Welcome to Club Polk

Wow everything made a difference
    I toed the speakers and the center has more presence
    Now with a low volume sounds better
    Already google some terms lol English is not my native language

Very rich sound
    Not muddy as my previous previous Sony speakers
    My previous Polk r150 were awesome
    This signatures have a richer dynamic tonality
    I’m thinking in using the R150 as back speakers and making a 7.1 system

What do you think?
  • txcoastal1
    edited January 2018
    Soundstage – Described in 3 dimensional terms (height width and depth)

Imaging – The placement and position of an instrument as interpreted through the use of a product....singer usually up front and instruments projected as if you were watching live...also falls back to soundstage terminology

WAF---If you're married, "Wife Approval Factor"
    If the wife is not happy, she will make sure no one is happy ;)

So what is your native language if you don't mind sharing

Enjoy
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• I’m from El Salvador and my wife hates high volume lol
    I guess most wives does
    First our mothers then our wives lol
    We men are cursed for life
    I watch movies with my thumb on the remote control lol

• txcoastal1
    Yes sir, :D:D:D but if you can demonstrate how good it sounds

We sometimes can get a smile and a little approval out of them...then back to work to buy them a pair of shoes or a new purse ;)

Good luck and let us know as get become one with your music system

Congratulations and enjoy

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Nice set up, too bad it cracked your table. BTW you type English better than me.
  • Hey guys
    For the first time in a long time I just sat to listen to music again
    It is really awesome
    This system is great
    A friend of mine has the Kplish reference system and I didn’t like the highs tonality
    Too bright for me
    Another friend has the electrostatic Martin Logan and for me were too bright without presence
    I decided to buy Polk cause the R150 bookshelf speakers I have were perfectly balanced for my ears
    At the end we all are different
    I just love how Polk audio sounds for a good price
  • F1nut
    Bet you were smiling ear to ear. B)

President of Club Polk

• Hello
    After my initial excitement
    I’m starting to see some issues
    The thing is that I have two doubts or complaints
    1. I feel the system has more highs and bass but lacks mids and
    2. I feel that to get a decent sound I need to crank it up a little bit

My system is definitely better than my old Sony receiver with two Polks R150 in that I gained clarity, more details, more dynamic range but I lost the fullness of the sound
    Trying to describe it
    before it was ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| now it is |||||||:::......||||||,,,,,,,|||||||||||
    I played a lot with the auto eq with a post refined tuning but still not a sound as a i would dream of. I liked the tonality of the R150 better. What can I do?
    Maybe my ear is not used to good quality sound lol
  • F1nut
    Which Yamaha AVR did you buy?

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »
    Which Yamaha AVR did you buy?

The Yamaha rx 683
    I had the Sony str 820

• Sorry for bothering everybody
    I’m posting my mistake normally in the Eq i use bass +5 mid -2 treble +5 and I was doing that in this system and the backs and surrounds were flat
    I set the eq with 3 slopes including mids and now sounds robust and full

Thank you for all the tips I received here
    All were taken into account and now this system sounds how I like it
    Thanks again.