Help with system.

This discussion was created from comments split from: PSW110 Issues: Static , Heart Beat woes.
Testing
Testing
Testing

Comments

• Nandikol
    Nandikol Posts: 109
    Hi,

Iam very new to this field and need lots of assistance from everyone. I have 2 rtia 7 as fronts ,2 flxiA4-2 as surround CSiA4 as centre , ELAC A4 Atmos And DSW660i - 2 subwoofers as a current setup with Denon AVR X 2200W.

Now I have bought 2 rtia 9 with Yamaha aventage flagship 3070, 9.2 receiver. Please advice me if I can use rtia 7 as surround speakers and please let what setup I should do to get amazing results from this setup. Attached photo for room size. Thanks a ton

Shailesh

33t8hrhfqex7.jpeg
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    You will need a separate power amp to drive the 9's. My advice is to return them, keep the new AVR and keep the 7's in front.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nandikol
    Ohh really ... they don’t take it back f1 nut, they adviced me to place 9’s in the front and use those 7’s as surround as new 3070 has ample power to deliver
  • F1nut
    No AVR has ample power to drive the 9's properly.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Nandikol wrote: »
    Ohh really ... they don’t take it back f1 nut, they adviced me to place 9’s in the front and use those 7’s as surround as new 3070 has ample power to deliver

F1nut is right, the A9's can be used with that receiver, and music will play, but to get the most out of them you need an additional power amplifier. Who doesn't want to get the most out of their big speakers ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    F1nut wrote: »
    No AVR has ample power to drive the 9's properly.
    The 7s are a bit of a stretch for most AVRs too.

Want to hear those 7a & 9s "sing?" Listen these guys - plan to buy a separate amp for each.
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Nandikol
    Thanks a ton for the advice, however just a tot , I totally understand that I need to buy separate amp to drive 9s, however it’s just 5 days I bought those speakers and amp and total investment is close to $8000 for all the speakers and it very hard to put some more for sometime. For an example if I connect all 9.2 setup including front 9s and surround 7s with all the other speakers will it harm amplifier 3070.

Regards,
    Nandikol
  • F1nut
    What happens is the more channels you use, the less watts per channel you get. Your AVR is rated at 150wpc with 2 channels driven. By the time it's driving 9 channels the wpc is going to drop. I don't know what to exactly, but likely less than 100wpc. Therefore, you're not going to get the best sound from your rig and pushing the volume up higher to get more out of your rig may damage your speakers. Be sure to set all the speakers to small and cross over to the sub at 80Hz to help take some of the load off the AVR.

President of Club Polk

• Nandikol
    Thanks a ton f1nut, sure I will set all the speakers to small and cross over as 80Hz without a miss as advised... thanks again with this advice I will try and see how entire 9.2 setup sounds.. have a good day take care
  • F1nut
    You've got a lot of speakers for what looks like a relatively small area. It should be quite an immersive experience. B)

President of Club Polk

• Nandikol
    Yes, space it little small and less, curtain side is a door hence can’t setuo for straight if not room would have been little big .... in the mode of connecting speakers with all small and 80Hz ... will surely share the pic and my experience ☺️☺️ F1nut ☺️
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Seems a bit much. You could try and sell the 7's and use the money towards an amplifier as it looks like you already have actual surround speakers. Just a suggestion, enjoy your setup either way.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nandikol
    Good morning ... done with entire 9.2 setup with all the crossover at 80Hz as advised by f1nut and trust me guys - what an immersive experience..
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Good morning ... done with entire 9.2 setup with all the crossover at 80Hz as advised by f1nut and trust me guys - what an immersive experience..

Very nice. That's similar to what I used to have. Until you get a separate amp for the A9's, just watch the volume dial (don't go too loud). If it starts to sound compressed or not right, dial it down. The RTIA's are very nice for HT.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Nandikol
    Nightfall, not worth selling those 7s because it will go with very less price though I took it a year back, I think it’s worth keeping those and use it when required,

Thorton, surly will keep the tab on the volume and also planning to buy YAMAHA Professional Power amp PX3 near future .. thanks a ton for all help ☺️
  • F1nut
    edited January 2018
    Nandikol, I think you'd be a lot happier with a home audio amp instead of that pro amp. Pro amps aren't known for their sound quality.

Maybe sell the A7's and put whatever money you get for them towards a nice home audio amplifier.

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    It's also Class D... :/
    F1nut wrote: »
    Nandikol, I think you'd be a lot happier with a home audio amp instead of that pro amp. Pro amps aren't known for their sound quality.

Maybe sell the A7's and put whatever money you get for them towards a nice home audio amplifier.

• Nandikol
    Ohh wow ... this looks one more good advice f1nut.... any model you suggest. My seller adviced me for Yamaha PX3.. thanks ... which one clipdat..?
  • Nandikol
    Hey - Emotiva BasX A-300 (Stereo Power Amplifier) will this be fine for 9s.. thanks
  • Clipdat
    Oh no, don't say Emotiva around Jesse.
    Hey - Emotiva BasX A-300 (Stereo Power Amplifier) will this be fine for 9s.. thanks

• F1nut

What other brands are available where you live?

President of Club Polk

• Nandikol
    Some say power amp some say audio app and some say per amp... Iam confused about which one to look .. here is a link - hope you don’t mind ...
    https://m.indiamart.com/impcat/power-amplifiers.html?src=Renq
  • Nandikol
    https://m.indiamart.com/bengaluru/power-amplifiers.html

Commonly Denon, Yamaha, emotiva and many more we get
  • Clipdat
    Out of the ones listed there, maybe one of these:

https://m.indiamart.com/proddetail.php?i=13865888797

https://m.indiamart.com/proddetail.php?i=17408939788

Some say power amp some say audio app and some say per amp... Iam confused about which one to look .. here is a link - hope you don’t mind ...

• F1nut

That site is hard to use. I did see an Odyssey Audio Stratos HT3, which is a 3 channel amp, so you could power the center with it as well. That would allow you to run the front 3 full range (large) for a seamless front stage.

The Jeff Rowland 302 that Clipdat linked is another possibility.

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Oops just realized the second one I linked is an integrated, my mistake.
  • Nandikol
    Yes clipdat, that’s fine anyways I would have checked with you guys again ..f1nut I tired above odyssey audio but looks like it’s little difficult to get and again checked with my seller and he advised That i can go for marantz power amp 2 channel, however it is out of budget -$1400.00.
    When I say it’s more he tells me to go with Yamaha PX3 which is close to $650.00
  • F1nut
    The Yamaha is a pro amp, which has no business in a home audio system. If you sold the A7's would that enable you to afford the Marantz?

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    The Yammy has built in room correction/DSP and other things nice for a live PA amp, wouldn't be a good fit for your home theater setup.