PSW505 AMP replacement instructions

Hello guys my amp die on my 1 year old PSW505, I talk to Polk customer support and they send out an amp replacement. I was able to remove the amp from the back of the PSW505 however I can't reach the wires that connect to the speaker. Can someone one tell me what else I need remove (the front speaker?) thanks.

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. The best approach would be to remove the grille cover and take out the screws that go around the circumference of the woofer. Then use a putty knife to loosen the woofer from the cabinet and then pull the woofer out of the enclosure.
    Then you should be able to remove the red and black wires from the woofer's terminals.
    Regards, Ken
  • Hi;
    does anyone has detailed photos of the plate amplifier of a PWS-505 subwoofer?
  • I'm having an issue where the red light is illuminating and staying red, before it would turn to green. Tried to use the audio input to see if it was an issue with the lpf input but still no sound, contacted polkaudio with all my details and I;m awaiting the response on my next move..