Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I never realized pot was directional, I always figured it was omni, not uni.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ...]

I never realized pot was directional, I always figured it was omni, not uni.

Oh, it's directional -- leads straight to things like thinking that this is a great record album.

:p

o55p2f032463.png

(it is a great sound effects album -- right up there with the train and thunderstorm records of the 1950s)

• Oh .... my ..... gawd ! :o

Perhaps one might think that barriers of snow and ice are sufficient to protect one from the Wrath of the Floyd Army, but that would be wrong thinking.

One might find hope and redemption by claiming "cabin fever". :'(

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    k6vxlh0yx96o.png

On days like that, we used to wrap up our 'taters & chicken in aluminum foil, then place them in the wood stove to roast. Yuuummmm!

Cheers, Jim
    A day without music is like a day without food.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    scubalab wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    ow55r12a15v4.jpg
    'Twas the high today.....

Wow Russ... 131 degrees... hope you stayed hydrated! ;)
    rkb5q90379xx.jpg

Without wind factor
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Willow wrote: »
    scubalab wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    ow55r12a15v4.jpg
    'Twas the high today.....

Wow Russ... 131 degrees... hope you stayed hydrated! ;)
    rkb5q90379xx.jpg

Without wind factor

Heat wave in Central PA.

It was 254 degrees Kelvin in Central PA this morning. B)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    ^^^^^^

LOL ! :D

-19.5 F to be exact.

Why does Kelvin measurement exist ? what is the reason ? I understand Celsius.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    edited January 2018
    I'm kind of amazed that car gauge manufacturers would program their gauges to read - 22 degrees.

Who is going to drive in that temp. and where in the states does it reg. dip that low .

Couldn't the gauge just say or show " Get back to a warm area immediately ! Immanent danger if vehicle stops running ! "
  • Tony M
    2 day delivery with PRIME. :o

Degrees Kelvin at Amazon - amazon.com
    Ad · www.amazon.com/Degrees Kelvin

Low Prices on Degrees Kelvin. Free Shipping on Qualified Orders.

^^^^
    this has been edited a little.

The ad lower down states this is for a "chart poster" to show comparisons. :)
  • Tony M
    ^^^^^
    My wife and I both thought that was funny as ****. !

Reminded me of my mom and dad in a way !
  • mhardy6647
    Tony M wrote: »
    ^^^^^^

-19.5 F to be exact.

Because zero Kelvin is absolute zero, the lowest possible temperature. The Kelvin scale is absolute; Fahrenheit and Celsius scales are relative, with, in each case, an arbitrary reference point. Sort of like decibels :)

The Kelvin scale solves the problem of having achievable temperatures that are zero degrees (zero degrees F = about -20 degrees C; zero degrees C = 32 degrees F). Having values of zero can make certain calculations bothersome (for example, division by zero is just plain not allowed*).

mcvb1hxg7nzr.png

Remember. Friends don't let friends divide by zero. This has been a public service announcement, courtesy of the math nerds of the world.

• Tony M
    edited January 2018
    Interesting to say the least ! Thanks . ;)B)

Is there a limit to coldness ? YES , I just found it.
    Absolute zero, the temperature at which all thermal motion ceases in the classical description of thermodynamics.

Now what is Kelvin scale Maximum ? Infinite heat like the sun but x billion more deg.'s. ? I'm just a science nut that got sidetracked by the need to eat and survive.

I was named most interested in science around the 6th grade. But back then, there were NO paths or help for an underprivileged kid to advance their gift or interests UNLESS there was MONEY to back them. I'm talking late 60's here. Sure, maybe some got to pursue their dreams with-out backing. I'm not disputing that possibility.

But GRANTS and STUDENT LOANS were reserved for a select few. Athletes and kids with parental connections comes to mind. My Step daughter got a partial scholarship to UNCW because of her soccer skills and I'm sure, her high school coach talked highly of her to a UNCW soccer coach behind the scenes.

George W. Bush for instance. Where did he go to school ? One school I know of was " The Presidential Preparation School of Somewhere" ( I would need to research the location ) . Now who paid for that ? A poor kid, I don't believe would be considered at all, right ? He was given a directed, by many I'm sure, a SOLID path. My path was skinny with a lot of branches. That's all. No regrets here. My life has been mostly great but I had to work hard on it, believe me.

The two sentences highlighted in bold have, and always will be , a part of life in the Collegiate World . But for the past 20 years or more, Almost anybody can get a student loan to continue there interests in any field they feel they want to pursue. That's nice. But I knew a guy that had a 70,000.00 student loan to pay back. And he got hired to do a job I with no loan was more capable of doing than him.

I would've liked to work for NASA for sure. And that was a dream when I was 12.

I'm laughing right now thinking how different my life would've been. :p WOW.

Sorry for the rambling !

I still LOVE science though !
  • Tony M
    I like seeing this. Never to old to learn are we.

qrzkuwmf8igq.png
  • mhardy6647
    Yup, named after Lord Kelvin -- he's a big hero in my line of work.
    I am not technically a thermodynamicist, but (if I do say so myself) I know more about thermodynamics than your average biochemist :p

sshhdy4m7jn1.png
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Never to old to learn are we.
    Well then, here you go. (see image below) :p Also, your question should be followed by a question mark. And not a space followed by a question mark, but a question mark immediately after the last word in your sentence. See? And a comma after "learn" would be nice. Thanks. :p

irri0uyuit6b.jpg

• mhardy6647
    I think what your saying is that we learned him real goodly -- but, you know, not to goodly. That be wierd.
  • Viking64
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I think what your saying is that we learned him real goodly -- but, you know, not to goodly. That be wierd.

u may be your rite ? dunno. i are gonna to check more in to it n sea ! werd.
    \
  • Tony M
    edited January 2018
    ^^^^^

Yup. More brain farts from my old brain.

My specialty was math in High School. I couldn't afford college back then and we never had spell check or auto correction or even the INTERNET. :s:p

I HATED GRAMMER because I knew I was going to need Math in my life, not spelling or punctuation lessons. That was 45 years ago too.
    Can you give me just a little break? :)

Is an exclamation point supposed to be right after the word? I'm serious. I want to learn.

Considering I've only been typing for a total of 2 years, plus or minus maybe, I think I get by pretty well. I remember typing for 2+ hours in the beginning of me conversing on the web. Instead of hitting Enter, I hit the Delete button. :s My wife and I couldn't retrieve it at that time. We were beginners and our daughter hadn't advanced enough in her Computer College Coarse side interest to be helpful. All she could say, help, or advise me on that dilemma was this: Stay away from that Delete button next time! . LOL!

• Viking64
    You do just fine. :) I was born in 1964, and I didn't buy my first computer until 2003. I still type with 2 fingers, although having been on forums where I have over 100,000 posts, these 2 fingers are getting pretty good. HAHAHA

I just found the irony of your sentence amusing. "Never to old to learn" I figured I would help you have fun. :p
  • Tony M
    By the way. I figured out how to build my shed's BASTERD ROOF all by myself 15 years ago. I'm right proud of that accomplishment. Critical mathematical measurements and complicated compound angles were applied. In my world , these talents of carpentry trump a little grammar error any day. ;)
    s0yroawof5xh.jpg
    zj044tulns2v.jpg
    chsxysxlhb7l.jpg
    4eke93ziq5on.jpg
    22h7co18xb3l.jpg

• mhardy6647
    a little before sunset tonight in the ol' backyard -- zero degrees (F, that is) with blowing & drifting snow.

It looks nice out there. but it's not

zqeqsagjpc71.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    :#:#:# OUCH...Thanks for being considerate and sparing us the gore...heal quick chief
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    I celebrated the new year by slicing part of my thumb off on the mandolin slicer I got for Christmas. It took a big corner of the thumbnail, side, and back clean off. There was nothing to reattach, and the artery severed was difficult to cauterize. Two trips to the ER and it’s on the mend. It hurts like hell.

John, my best advice to you is for the next few weeks, don't hitch-hike in any narrow subway tunnels. :p
  • Tony M
    edited January 2018
    Sorry about your injury. :#
    Also 2 trips to the hospital to start your new years off had to suck big time also.

Those Mandolin slicers don't discriminate one bit. Whatever touches that blade, it's getting sliced. I gave mine to my Step Daughter. I got another one but I've stayed away from it for some reason. :#

Again, sorry about your severe thumb slicing.

Ironic that I JUST watched Iron Chef the other night and an Iron Chef Sicaro I think he was using his bare hand. Alton Brown, the mc, said do not do this at home people! This is a chef that has 30 years experience. You at home should use the puck that comes with them at all times. And here it happens to you. Those slicers are great but man they're EVIL weapons towards our fingers, knuckles, and thumbs now too.

Hope your thumb heals in a good way.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited January 2018
    ^^^^^^

-19.5 F to be exact.

It allows 0 to mean an absolute absence of heat, and go up from there.

Yeah and what Doc said too!!
  • Tony M
    edited January 2018
    And an absolute absence of LIFE or PLANT metabolic activity of ANY KIND. :o:s

That's fricken COLD. ;)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Perspective...LN2 -321 degrees Fahrenheit
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a