SRT System

nhunt4
nhunt4 Posts: 3
edited January 2018 in The Clubhouse
New too the club.
Just acquired an SRT system.
In process of determining optimum equipment to run the system.
My budget is tight, any recommendations.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    On a budget: get 3 pro sound amps and have one dedicated to the center. Behringer iNuke NU3000 should do the trick. One for the fronts, one for the rears and one bridged for the center.

Do not use an AVR.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    F1nut wrote: »
    A tight budget and an SRT rig do not go together.

I am in the process of starting my own F1 team. I have two 1997 Lola chassis and I am working on a deal with Holden to design a new engine for them. I have about $150,000 in cash saved up. How soon can I expect my first F1 championship? :p
  • FestYboy
    Ha, you won't get in the door.

Yup, needs two more "0"s at the end of that number just to start, anymore.
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    I see by your avatar you have the SRT system that was posted for sale here by a newb who didn't know about the 100 post "for sale rule". So what did that set you back if you don't mind me asking.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    I’m guessing it is the same person. ;) How do you get 3 likes with no posts? It shows 3 on his page but none on this thread with 1 post.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • TNTsTunes
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    I’m guessing it is the same person. ;) How do you get 3 likes with no posts? It shows 3 on his page but none on this thread with 1 post.

You are correct. His for sale ad recieved 3 likes. He is one in the same....

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Is $150k enough to get into Kart racing? Be like Lewis Hamilton.

article-1084774-026F72D2000005DC-872_468x351.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited January 2018
    Good detective work. Yep, his 3 likes pull up nothing. Not off to a good restart.......
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    And the photo he is using is the very same as the one from his for sale listing.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    That is what I thought when I saw it.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • TNTsTunes
    Good detective work. Yep, his 3 likes pull up nothing. Not off to a good restart.......

Yup. In the next few posts I'd bet the plan is to decide his budget won't cut it and he'll want to unload the SRT's. I'm kinda surprised he isn't binge posting already...

• nhunt4
    You are correct.
    My plan was to sell the SRT system when I acquired it. I did not notice the "100 point for sale post rule". My apology.

I aquired the system from my sister. Her husband past away recently and she has decided to sell her home and downsize to a condominium.
    The system was in storage in their basement for 5 yrs. His plan for the system, was to set up a theatre room. However, when he got sick, the plans were put on hold.

I would like to set up the system in my home, but I am not a music/sound aficionado and our family is on a budget. Spending the money for new equipment, to run the system, is not a wise financial decision at this point in my life.

I will have to sell the system.

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Do you have the Owners Manual with that set?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Sell it on the bay, it will bring you a lot of cash.
  • FestYboy
    3 easy payments of $17.23
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    FestYboy wrote: »
    3 easy payments of $17.23

If I call in the next 15 minutes, do I get the FREE Barry Manilow Christmas Album on 8-track?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    My advice is to keep them and store them for a bit. Smart shopping on Craigslist can get you the stuff you need for less than a grand

This bears repeating... you will never in ten lifetimes get the level of performance from a system as you will get from these if you budget a grand for finding the right gear. Hang out and everyone here will help in any way we can. You might even win a Karma or two that can help you along the way.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nhunt4
    Thanks nooshinjohn
    I appreciate the advice and honesty.

The system came with the left/right subwoofers, left/right satellites, rear surrounds, (that are larger than the ones that appeared in the original Polk Audio ad for the system).
    It also has the center channel, two control centers with remotes and the set-up, operation manual and LS f/x instruction manual.
    Thanks again for all the advice.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Those control centers always seem to be the missing piece in most ad's for sale.

If those fell into my lap I'd find a way to keep them, I believe far less than a thousand were ever made.

• Tony M
    The reviewers and or Matthew Polk said that system was so good, " It was Scary". Probably gut-wrenching, chest pounding, breathtaking and eyeball vibrating scary!
  • Tony M
    I forgot...Bladder relieving and Bowel-moving too. :s
  • TNTsTunes
    Tony M wrote: »
    I forgot...Bladder relieving and Bowel-moving too. :s

Sounds like I could use one. :#

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    Where are you located?
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.