Anybody have experience with Sugar Cube SweetVinyl?

Supposed to be the best there is at noise removal from LP's. I am intrigued by the concept, but there is not a bunch of information out there yet.

http://www.sweetvinyl.com/

k84ib2b3x3od.jpg
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I just read about them in my new Music Direct catalog.

Pretty cool to me too. I want to hear reviews myself. They look promising though. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    10068125205_40e1328c7e_b.jpgGarrard MRM 1 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

;)

So -- the question/issue with any of these gizmos: 1970s or 2010s; analog or digital is (to my way of thinking): is the cure worse than the disease?
  • Tony M
    The "sugar cubes" are brand new aren't they ?
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Are they on the market available for purchase now?
    [
  • Tony M
    Yep.......
    But you may want to just go out and buy new albums instead. They are in my new "music direct" catalogue I just got a couple of weeks ago or more.

One model is 1999.00.

The nicer one is 2999.00

See, I told you. BUT, if you have some extremely rare albums with some issues you can't get other copies of, these Sugar Cubes might be the answer.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Ever try floating the stylus on some distilled water to remove noise while playing? (It works!)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I am looking at the 2999.00 version. It records directly to USB with metadata.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Ever try floating the stylus on some distilled water to remove noise while playing? (It works!)

I'm pretty sure John has a RCM and I wouldn't doubt he doesn't have something like an Onzow Zerodust for his stylus.

Have you seen his TT setup? It's not his first rodeo.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited January 2018
    Nightfall wrote: »

I'm pretty sure John has a RCM and I wouldn't doubt he doesn't have something like an Onzow Zerodust for his stylus.

Sorry, this wasn't directed specifically at John, but to stir up "conversation" :p It was also a light jab at the price.

And no, I'm not familiar with his rig.
  • Montoya
    Montoya Posts: 506
    I'm really interested in selling these in my store but I want to get my ears on one first. And not sure if some of my top buying vinyl customers would buy into converting an analog record to digital. I myself would rather just put up with the errors or search for a better copy.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737

Sorry, this wasn't directed specifically at John, but to stir up "conversation" :p It was also a light jab at the price.

And no, I'm not familiar with his rig.

It's breathtaking for sure ...