WoodWorking Router Station

Happy New Year,

I love woodworking and setup a little shop in the yard, When not in use everything gets wheeled into a shed. I have/had a big router tablewqi7fkhbzkmb.jpg

This kind of sucked dragging it in and out of the shed, space it took up and it's not on wheels.

So I've seen where people put mini tables on their table saws wings for a router table. For Christmas Lowe's had a Kobalt aluminum table and router for $130. I went to the store and sized it for my Delta table saw. Then ask for it for Christmas.

Perfect Fit
ajk94is6ci9t.jpg
1ylbm0ifct5m.jpg
zj1rvpkjlsqx.jpg

Drill a few holes and done. Almost looks like it was made to fit.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited January 2018
    That is a nice fit and a great deal too. Congrats !

I used a small Craftsman 2' long cheap but effective table-top model years ago. I still have it plus a spare one too.
    I sure loved making my own moldings out of 12' long pallet wood planks. Loved it !

I had a chance to get a Bosch rolling router table with a Bosch router already mounted in it and some accessories for........40.00 at a yard sale. And it was like NEW too !

I didn't have much spare cash and my wife said, " you don't have room for it, do you ? " She was right.

The 2 min. I turned to her and said, "I want this but I'll definitely have to go back home and get the truck", and then her reply, another man told the owner ( right beside me too ) "I take it "

A chance to get a dream router table set up super cheap was CRUCHED ! All in 2 min. time. I think it looked like this but it seemed to have doors in the front and sides too. I know it had casters and extensions on the sides of the table too.

You win some, you loose some. Close resemblance of it in the picture below.
    0f7765z8nffr.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    I hate that story.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    CRUSHED..... I meant to type

I must have had a "brain memory super depression overload glitch moment" typing that sentence !

Yea, it was glorious and then painful all in 2 min. time. :o:D:s
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Tony M wrote: »
    CRUSHED..... I meant to type

I must have had a "brain memory super depression overload glitch moment" typing that sentence !

Yea, it was glorious and then painful all in 2 min. time. :o:D:s

Oh man, I would have got that and then tried to figure out where to put it.. I liked having a full table but having to drag it out of the shed every time I wanted to get something out sucked. azqktfts47er.jpg

The last use of it was rounding over 1x3 Oak for another quilt ladder I made for my mom.
    3t9hnop69jwp.jpg
    o73t1ihqtb54.jpg

Now I have room in the shed to get things out in a seconded. I don't even have to worry about putting my table saw in perfect any more.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Tony M
    Nice quilt ladder ! B)

I'd still like to work with your old router table. That table is 2 times bigger and 2 times nicer than my Craftsman one. But my cheap table does work good when I screw it down to something.

I always loved watching Norm Abram on "Woodworkers shop" every week for years on Sundays I believe it was. Man did he make EVERY darn project look like it was soooo easy. I know it isn't but he was so good at it. Making raised panels were a walk in the park for him. I still want to make some of those before the end, LOL. ;)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    That is nice. I have a DeWalt tablesaw, I wonder if it will fit?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited January 2018
    Tony M wrote: »
    Nice quilt ladder ! B)

I'd still like to work with your old router table. That table is 2 times bigger and 2 times nicer than my Craftsman one. But my cheap table does work good when I screw it down to something.

I always loved watching Norm Abram on "Woodworkers shop" every week for years on Sundays I believe it was. Man did he make EVERY darn project look like it was soooo easy. I know it isn't but he was so good at it. Making raised panels were a walk in the park for him. I still want to make some of those before the end, LOL. ;)

Thanks, my mom likes her new ladder.

Yes the BIG table was nice but a pain, Any time I wanted to get something off the shelf behind it or for the most part anything out of the shed it had to come out.

Norm is a master at his trade.
    verb wrote: »
    That is nice. I have a DeWalt tablesaw, I wonder if it will fit?

measure the space. it might drop in or maybe make a bracket to drop it in.
  • Tony M
    edited January 2018
    I've always had to pull things out of my barn shed but I didn't mind.

I then built that big shed at the end of my driveway for a wood working enclosed area. The last piece of plywood I was putting on the front porch roof, kicked back at the bottom while I was on the ladder pushing it up. I jumped back and down and my right heel got cracked into 3 pieces. A neighbor finished the porch plywood and dried it in. I had already dried the main part in. Then another neighbor down the street shingled it for me. I paid a roofing Co. to shingle the main part on new years eve I think it was years ago. That roofer and his helper were kind of my friends to. They were friends too and were doing it for free, but I wouldn't have that. They got paid and feed real good. They talked about those steak and cheese subs for years, LOL.

Well my woodworking was brought to a severe stoppage. I went back to work at my truck driving job after 3 months under extreme duress and pain at night without any pain pills and I didn't drink anything for it. Ibuprofen and all kinds of over the counter stuff for 5 years. I found that set of Polk Monitor 10's at good will with my empathetic neighbor that dried in the porch roof after nailing that last almost full sheet of plywood down. He wanted to see move around after about a month or two after I broke my heal. So with crutches we went. It's only like 1 1/2 miles from me so it was always quick trips and then I'd have to rest and elevate that one heal for sure. We found a TON of audio stuff back then. Bose was pumping out the TV ads and we were getting the discarded great stereo systems. :p

I then started to gravitate to turning the woodworking shed into a stereo acquisition environment. Speakers came it, woodworking tools went back out to the barn shed.

I never built a single thing in that new building I was building specifically for woodworking like a Norm Abram. An Indoor shop setting was my goal. But those darn Monitor 10's and my broken heal changed the course of my hobbies.

There's more to this story about my woodworking desires and the past 15 years but that's another drawn out tale.

Tony