Has anyone had contact with Rick88 recently?

I hope he's out enjoying a bike roadtrip before winter, and don't want to sound an alarm. Just a bit concerned since he is facing some health issues.

Anyone in NY/PA have contact?

Comments

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Yeah, I hope Rick is OK. He's a very nice fellow..
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    He sold off some gear for a procedure...sumtin' like that

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    I bought his phono pre, but haven't heard from him since. Certainly hope all is well!
  • Bump

Kind of disconcerting. I've tried direct email as well. Keeping a good thought.

Anybody?
  • headrott
    @chumlie, have you heard from @Rick88?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    I had contact with him on Oct. 15. He told me it was nothing to serious or life threatening. I'm afraid that is all I can offer. No contact after that.

Bill
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    As long as Lightman hasn’t paid him a visit recently, I am sure he will be just fine.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pumpkinman wrote: »
    I had contact with him on Oct. 15. He told me it was nothing to serious or life threatening. I'm afraid that is all I can offer. No contact after that.

Bill

Thanks Bill!
  • headrott
    edited November 2017
    Thank you Bill for letting us know it's nothing serious. I'm sure he will be back, in time.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    headrott wrote: »
    @chumlie, have you heard from @Rick88?

Not a peep.
  • Rick said awhile back that he would post at most once a month for awhile.

I think his last post was like, 10/14.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Do miss all that 'eye candy' he posted on here..don't you guys??...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    Do miss all that 'eye candy' he posted on here..don't you guys??...

Got that right...he was like brother to me. Hope he's doin' good with his issues. Maybe we should send Cathy out to visit him, slap him back into reality. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    I'll bet he is doing fine...heck,a trip to the free clinic isn't a big deal!...Is it?..LOL!..
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Bump. Come back Rick!
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Good to hear.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Hotties, we need pictures of hotties. That will lure him back.
  • txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Agree!

I exchanged emails with him shortly after Thanksgiving and all's well and he's back to work. Good news!

So now he's just being a dick :D:D:D

Na, being a dick would be coming here, liking all the posts in this thread and not replying... ;)
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Post a guitar or a toy car pic and he'll be back...
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2017
    I have a Franklin Mint diecast with his name on it if he posts within 24 hours...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    He did not comment and take me up on my offer, so I will raise the offer to two....

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Bump. Going into the new year. Hope all is well.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2018
    Good to have a part time member with a full time job than the other way around Rick. Welcome back, and congrats on the new job and getting back to being healthy.

• headrott
    Welcome back Rick! I am glad you obtained a new job and are replacing the gear you sold and are able to enjoy it.

That said, Vanilla, etc. is the reason I was gone for a while myself. Having experienced other forums (of many different subjects, i.e.: guns, pipe tobacco, music/audio equipment,, etc.) I will say that the Polk Forum is not at the top of the list of "overly-moderated", horrible interfaced forums. Nor is it at the bottom of the list. It is somewhere in the middle, IMO. Truly, it's not what it once was years ago, but it is worth visiting/sharing/interacting on if nothing else because of the great people on here. As long as some of the long-time members keep coming back to visit (I know we have lost some, for reasons I do not agree with as well) I will keep coming here as the friends I have made and the knowledge, and understanding the members of this forum have regarding audio and music is unmatched on other forums, IMO.

That said, I hope you will visit often as we all like what you share with us Rick.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• headrott
    "New" you, new equipment, same job. Got it, man. :)
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Good to know you’re back dude!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Welcome back Rick. I'm very glad to hear things are going well. Yep the stuff that has happened to the 3 amigos is a tuff swallow it's still a great group here. We missed ya pal
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Welcome back Rick, dang we missed ya pal. Glad to hear your health and finances are rebounding. Keep rockin' on bro.

.....and, don't let the recent shenanigans deter you from posting. Call it growing pains, all online forums go through it. It's the membership that makes the joint what it is, not the moderation. Moderation is just a necessary evil, a by-product of the monster we all call audio.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable