I'm STUFFED !

tonyb
tonyb Posts: 32,902
Xmas for my side was at my house this year. I don't think I've ever seen a spread like this, ridiculous actually.

Lasagna, sausage and meatballs, Ham, lolli pop lamp chops, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, mussels, ceviche, baked clams....just the highlights too, many more things like crap cake balls, crap dip, antipasto, shrimp trays, and the list goes on.

Then desserts....cheesecake, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, tiramisu, rice pudding, Nutella cake, assorted cookies and much more.

Then the wine, Amarones, Borollo's, Pinots, and my fathers home made wine by the gallon which was pretty darn good on it's own.

You come to my house, you better be prepared to eat, none of this crap I'm only gonna have a small slice of this or that. Eat MF'er !! lol Many were waddling out the door, made me happy.

Hope all of you are having similar celebrations, Merry Christmas to you all, even the ones who don't think cables matter. ;):)

HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Merry Christmas Tony. Sounds like an awesome feast. What a great selection
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Merry Christmas Tony!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited December 2017
    Jeesh you dagos throw down :p no wonder i couldn't get any food downstate.
    That my friend is a giant throw down I'm drooling just reading it.
    Merry Christmas to you and the family
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    IT'S DAGO :p

Merry Xmas
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    My bad :D
    Thanks Ron i was down to 45 seconds to correctify that.....

Don't need waste management coming for a brief visit
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Merry Christmas Tony, sounds like you will be eating leftovers for quite some time!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Sounds marvelous!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I've got turkey, peas, AND mashed potatoes. Control your jealousy.
    I had that exact same package, but I had to share it with my 3 guests. :'(
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885

Turkey+meal+pic.jpg

Aren’t you a chef? Shame on you!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    My room mate, who's also a Chef, is in Indianapolis. I'm not having anyone over, don't feel like doing all that cooking and cleaning for just myself.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Wonderful spread, that’s what I like to call a dinner party!
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Merry Christmas Tony! I'm from a Pol/Ukrainian background and it's similar. Eat and drink till you can't move. Enjoy the holidays my Italian friend, sounds like a great party. Happy Holiday's Polkies!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Merry Christmas Tony!
    had Buffalo burgers on Saturday for lunch + Rack of Lamb for Dinner - then smoked Pork Tenderloins for Lunch then KC Strips for dinner- Today was some left over's for lunch then Tri Tips for dinner!

plus many different bottles of Wine! (all Merlot's) and home made dinner rolls each night!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I had that exact same package, but I had to share it with my 3 guests. :'(

Your SDAs don't count as dining guests.
  • tonyb
    voltz wrote: »
    Merry Christmas Tony!
    had Buffalo burgers on Saturday for lunch + Rack of Lamb for Dinner - then smoked Pork Tenderloins for Lunch then KC Strips for dinner- Today was some left over's for lunch then Tri Tips for dinner!

plus many different bottles of Wine! (all Merlot's) and home made dinner rolls each night!

Meat eaters heaven bro, love it. I can never be a vegetarian as the smell of cooking meat does something to my Neanderthal genes.

Cathy,

Leftovers ? This scenario always happens to me.

Everyone is about to leave.....want some of xyz to take home. No problem I say, so I load people up. Next day I go to open the fridge with a taste for something from the day before .....and everything is gone. WTF ? I HAVE TO GO GROCERY SHOPPING THE DAY AFTER A FEAST LIKE THAT !! Somethin' isn't right about that. lol

I don't mind though, it's the spirit of the season to make others happy that's more important to me. I'm often reminded of the old saying...."it's not what's under the Christmas tree, but who's around it".

I'm sure many of you feel and do the same things. I hope all of you have a fantastic Christmas season and New Year !
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Sounds like some serious eating was going on at your place Tony. If it was me no leftovers or not I would just hibernate with a full belly and nap instead of venturing out in that cold. Its 0 degrees with -13 windchills, pretty sure it is just as or even colder your way.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Viking64
    When I first read the title of this thread, I thought Tony B was turning into Tony C. :p

fvdopznj1hf6.jpg
  • tonyb
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Sounds like some serious eating was going on at your place Tony. If it was me no leftovers or not I would just hibernate with a full belly and nap instead of venturing out in that cold. Its 0 degrees with -13 windchills, pretty sure it is just as or even colder your way.

Amen bro, stocked up the wood in the fireplace and sat my arse on the couch Christmas day afternoon. That morning we had the wife's side for a brunch at her brothers.....which we ate again. Came home, cleaned up from the night before, stoked the fireplace and I was toast.

Normally when I have a huge party, spills are a given. I must say, not one wine glass went south this time. Impressive....

However, upon cleaning up downstairs I noted under one table someone's kid was crushing nuts with their foot under a table and I had about an 12 inch area of carpet with pulverized nuts ground into the carpet. Raised by wolves as they say...
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Sheesh feeding people crap.....come on ! Crap
    cakes and crap dip.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    tonyb wrote: »
    Xmas for my side was at my house this year. I don't think I've ever seen a spread like this, ridiculous actually.

Lasagna, sausage and meatballs, Ham, lolli pop lamp chops, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, mussels, ceviche, baked clams....just the highlights too, many more things like crap cake balls, crap dip, antipasto, shrimp trays, and the list goes on.

Then desserts....cheesecake, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, tiramisu, rice pudding, Nutella cake, assorted cookies and much more.

Then the wine, Amarones, Borollo's, Pinots, and my fathers home made wine by the gallon which was pretty darn good on it's own.

You come to my house, you better be prepared to eat, none of this crap I'm only gonna have a small slice of this or that. Eat MF'er !! lol Many were waddling out the door, made me happy.

Hope all of you are having similar celebrations, Merry Christmas to you all, even the ones who don't think cables matter. ;):)

Tony, where the hell are you and can I crash your festivities next year? Yall know how to get down!
  • Viking64
    Yall know how to get down!
    Yeah, from ducks and geese.

nhvnqa6mi4o8.jpg

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    You have to pluck them before you can fry them or smoke them.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Viking64
    voltz wrote: »
    You have to pluck them before you can fry them or smoke them.

I'm not sure whether you just changed the subject or not? :p
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I just got full reading all that. WOW what a killer feast.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • tonyb
    tonyb wrote: »

Tony, where the hell are you and can I crash your festivities next year? Yall know how to get down!

Sure thing pal....only it's not my turn to host next year. We take turns hosting, so my turn comes around every 5 years.

However, if your ever in the area your more than welcome to come by and I'll feed you until your sack starts scraping the ground. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's