Finally....

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited December 2017 in The Clubhouse
I finally got off my arse and hung my movie poster of American Psycho. It’s a movie theater spread, signed by the cast: Christian Bale, Reese Witherspoon, Jared Leto, Justin Theroux, Matt Ross, Samantha Mathis, Chloe Sevigny and Willem Dafoe.

It’s right over my bed so it’s clearly a correct statement as to my own Sociopathic tendencies. mkwyqjmci4uu.jpeg
3ydaaf8r39g2.jpeg
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    I have a six foot tall backlit vellum poster from Titanic that was used at Mann’s Chinese Theatre, but never got it properly framed. Still inside a protective tube...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    Yeah, but can you get a table at Dorsia?
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    BTW, nice pillows. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    I need to re-watch that again sometime. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I finally got off my arse and hung my movie poster of American Psycho. It’s a movie theater spread, signed by the cast: Christian Bale, Reese Witherspoon, Jared Leto, Justin Theroux, Matt Ross, Samantha Mathis, Chloe Sevigny and Willem Dafoe.

It’s right over my bed so it’s clearly a correct statement as to my own Sociopathic tendencies. mkwyqjmci4uu.jpeg
    3ydaaf8r39g2.jpeg

Great poster, and what a cool piece! I purchased this at a tattoo show, was done by one of the artists there. I thought it’s pretty bad ****!

hlkmzuhr6rtv.jpeg

2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    One of my favorite actors. So Kool D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Very nice, welcome back midnight cowboy. LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dorokusai
    Options
    This is I wanted but couldn’t afford it.

qrkgksk3gm0m.jpeg
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    A Doro sighting!

Sweet poster and perfectly fitting, I might add.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    This is I wanted but couldn’t afford it.

qrkgksk3gm0m.jpeg

I see you wanted both art AND room treatments to "deaden" up the room :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

3ydaaf8r39g2.jpeg

Great poster, and what a cool piece! I purchased this at a tattoo show, was done by one of the artists there. I thought it’s pretty bad ****!

hlkmzuhr6rtv.jpeg

That’s awesome

I don’t think my wife would allow me to hang that in the house though
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • dorokusai
    Options
    It’s the kind of picture that scream romance.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    LOL! Mark, you have issues!!!! :D:D It's great to see you posting again, I've missed you and your wacky sense of humor!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I saw this movie last night on a commercial free channel and only missed a tiny bit near the end.

What a movie. :o

I had missed the end the last time I watched it. WOW.

I loved Patrick's description of songs, bands and singers throughout the movie. Awesome screenplay ! I think I had a Harmon Kardon receiver like his one time. I also had a chance to buy a pr. of those KEF Reference 3's I believe they are for 700.00. I didn't have near that much spare change when they were avail. and somebody else bought them.

I'd put a poster up in the man-cave for sure. You have to see the movie to understand the BLOOD.

To have a [poster signed by all those actors and actresses is AWSOME too.

Congrats Mark !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.