Bullet-proof albums

Albums (NOT 'greatest hits) that every song is good. Yes, it's obviously subjective, but....
Here are some to get the idea:

2ah4wutxaxpr.jpg

(3 Dog Night 'Hard Labor')
ard4ea7t5du8.jpg

kk0ywn6dxx6o.jpg

I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    R-367251-1175935223.jpeg.jpg

MI0000082589.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Good example of intensity crescendo.
    obieone wrote: »

kk0ywn6dxx6o.jpg

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited December 2017
    fm6p1b7utupq.png

2qnm096dke39.png

pxf7ibukvokn.png

9c0w6kfaildu.png

7oxwfgpcgzdt.png

v4fakaanh5nt.png

(just off the top of my head)
  • Nightfall wrote: »
    R-367251-1175935223.jpeg.jpg

MI0000082589.jpg

Tool is playing here in Columbus @ Rock On The Range.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited December 2017
    Who's Next, Sgt Peppers, Revolver, does it really get any better than this?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Thorton wrote: »
    z1sodw84jlxr.jpg

just ordered this, my favorite JP LP
    I would add
    Gordon Lightfoots Sundown LP
    jilg86gd27jc.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042

If you can go, go. They kill it live, absolutely incredible.
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    p7lqfc9z5lvm.png

I had that on eight-track :p
    I really ought to get it on some other medium, someday.

• tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    edited December 2017
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I saw Hole open up for Tool, I saw Bread open up for Meatloaf, and I saw The Doors open up for Bad Company.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I saw Motley Crue open for Ozzy, I saw Metallica open up for Ozzy, Saxon open for Iron Maiden..

Crue, and Metallica destroyed Ozzy, they were very hungry and ate everything in their path during the early years of their careers..
  • Viking64
    I saw Metallica open for Ozzy in 1986. I went because of Metallica, even though I had already seen them about 25 times by that point.

I went to see Iron Maiden in Montreal TWICE, but I didn't have tickets and they were sold-out both times. I really should have seen them back in the 80's because I had (and still have) about 30 pieces of their vinyl from between 1980 and 1984.

And as far as the bands listed in my above post, I have not seen any of them. Those statements were all intended to be metaphorical. :p
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    61YwuD2r2CL.jpg

600x600bf.jpg

81Cz%2BXjPyOL._SL1500_.jpg

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    Waiting for Columbus. Yeah.
  • mhardy6647
    obieone wrote: »
    Albums (NOT 'greatest hits) that every song is good. Yes, it's obviously subjective, but....
    Here are some to get the idea:

2ah4wutxaxpr.jpg

Just out of -- academic -- curiosity :)

How often do you listen to Within You, Without You?

Now, it's not a bad track, and it's at least a bit historically significant as a touchpoint in the introduction of Indian music (or at least the instruments and style of classical Indian music) to young Western ears... but it's a little out there relative to the rest of the album.

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    I will include these:
    atcjirszater.jpg
    3duo8jvgwp6x.jpg
    dhf945dq38pa.png
    ddb81qpcf0vb.jpg
    iupi7uortdnk.jpg

Probably have more, but give me some time.

Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Am I the only one that thinks "Magical Misery Tour" was way better the the "Sarge"?
  • Viking64
    "Magical Misery Tour"

National Lampoon's version, you mean? :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qrMEEN6WxM
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Bowie: Ziggy Stardust
    The Doors first 2 albums
    Roxy Music: Stranded
    Neil Young: Rust Never Sleeps, Harvest Moon & Sleeps With Angels
    Tom Waits: Small Change
    Stones: Let It Bleed & Beggars Banquet.
    May as well toss Abbey Road in the pile
    Roger Waters: Pros & Cons + Amused To Death.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited December 2017
    Gonna toss this one out there...
    2dnt4nmcweku.jpeg

Well recorded and good music. Opened my ears to a lot of music I would have overlooked.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    Am I the only one that thinks "Magical Misery Tour" was way better the the "Sarge"?

To quote "Jennings" from Animal House:
    It's a distinct possibility.

https://youtu.be/M4eS2SceeFk
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Nobody's listed Dire Straits' first album?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    dromunds wrote: »
    Nobody's listed Dire Straits' first album?

Never heard of them.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2017
    Yeah, Dire Straits (eponymous) was a breath of fresh air (and a proudly raised middle finger to the status quo) when it came out.

To me, though, some of it is a little weak(er) (e.g., Six Blade Knife -- a little too sleepy in tempo) -- and I got tired of Sultans of Swing from hearing it far too often on the radio 'way back when... but stuff like Down to the Waterline, Water of Love, and Wild West End, to me, is about as good as it gets.

Great cover art, too. Again, so antithetical to its time (the peak of the New Wave/punk backlash to the rock and roll dinosaurs and prog rock --- and disco, too).

rit9iaojj6j7.png