Bright

Just watched Bright on Netflix. Pretty good movie and had lots of action, laughs and other good stuff. Hard to believe they didn't release this on the big screen. I think it's a matter of time before theaters are closing down as new quality movies go direct to stream.
Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL
Parasound Halo A21
Parasound Halo P3

Home theater
Polk LSiM 707, 706c, 703, 705
Polk Blackstone TL3 for height
SVS PB12-ISD Sub
Denon AVR-X6400h
Parasound Halo A51
LG OLED65B7A
Sony UBPX800
Logitech Harmony Elite
PC LSiM 703
Spare LSIM 702 and 706c

Home Theater #2
Polk Audio LS70, CS350LS, LSF/X, S4
Onkyo TX-NR808

Comments

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I thought this thread was going to be about RTi/RTiA speakers.
  • Earthy
    Earthy Posts: 488
    No silly. It's the music and movies area. Bright as a movie is not the same as bright speakers which is more subjective. :)
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Parasound Halo A21
    Parasound Halo P3

Home theater
    SVS PB12-ISD Sub
    Denon AVR-X6400h
    Parasound Halo A51
    LG OLED65B7A
    Sony UBPX800
    Logitech Harmony Elite
    PC LSiM 703
    Spare LSIM 702 and 706c

Home Theater #2
    Onkyo TX-NR808

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I guess he wasn’t too ‘bright’. :)

Then again, neither am I. Never heard of it.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    So did the movie have a warm, laid-back sound?
  • Started to watch...seemed like it will be pretty good. But it’s late and I’m tired so I’ll finish it another time.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Earthy
    Earthy Posts: 488
    I was too onto the story to pay much attention to sound. I have to say it was good though. Still dialing in all my new equipment and my HT/Office is kind of a auditory nightmare. Was a good movie though. I too am tired and sleep time is here. Hope more chime in with their thoughts.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Parasound Halo A21
    Parasound Halo P3

Home theater
    SVS PB12-ISD Sub
    Denon AVR-X6400h
    Parasound Halo A51
    LG OLED65B7A
    Sony UBPX800
    Logitech Harmony Elite
    PC LSiM 703
    Spare LSIM 702 and 706c

Home Theater #2
    Onkyo TX-NR808

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I don’t have Netflix so I won’t be seeing it right away but I did check out the trailer. Looks like a cross between the old Alien Nation tv series and a World of Warcraft computer game. I don’t think stand alone movies are as good as ten episode series these days. Maybe they are headed in that direction with this? Looks like they had a decent budget behind this along with a top notch director and big money actors. I don’t really understand how Netflix turns a profit, but they seem to be doing well.
  • Well over $100 million subscribers paying $10-15 bucks a month. Almost more Netflix subscribers than cable subscribers. Plus more revenue generated for Samsung, Amazon, Apple etc. to license the application and pre install it in their streamers and TVs.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    The critics have been tearing this apart, stuff them.
    I enjoyed it and thought it would be fun if they made it a series.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,309
    Not a great movie, but I enjoyed it. Kind of a big Will Smith fan, as well as a fan of LotR, so I found it fun.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I thought it just ok, not big screen release worthy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Watched it today. Ok movie. Big Will Smith fan. If he was not in it. I could not have finished it. Merry Christmas. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I would have a hard time getting through this even if Will Smith and his wife weren't effing nutjobs. :p
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    I watched it last night, it was ok.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Saw the preview, thought it looked really stupid. Turns out it was stupid, but better than I thought. I’m going to give it an “ok”.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    Sounds like Netflix is going forward with another.