This Masterbuilt smoker is the bomb, I think God made it or something

Options
Although your world wonders me
with your majestic superior cackling hen
Your people I do not understand
So to you I wish to put an end
And I'll never grill again.

I know it's not cook out season for some of you but I bet this thing will work in the frozen North. Prepare your dead animal or vegetable of your choice. Rub It marinade it or whatever from the comforts of your home then stick it in for eight hours and you are done. Pulled pork don't need them Wolverine claws, you just touch it and it disintegrates. I bet this thing give you cancer or something, it's just that good!

Comments

• daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    Model? Been thinking about getting one eventually, especially if it's that good! :)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Yeah, my buddy has one...kinda like the RONCO ;) of BBQ
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Walmart has a charcoal water smoker for about $30. I figure it's a great way to get my feet wet in smoking so I give it a try. As it turns out I've never ever had ribs or chicken breast taste that good. Smokers are awesome even the cheap ones. I can see a better quality and easier to use electric one in my future
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    The Masterbuilt 40" totl, which comes with bluetooth and built in probe runs $500 on Masterbuilts website, but, you can google them for a cheaper price. Been looking at one myself.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Bruce what dead animal did you prepare first, and did you track it down yourself and shoot it or was it roadkill? All jokes aside my neighbor has one and its in use all the time, the cool thing is he smokes cheese with it at low temps some the best smoked gouda you ever ate. I still use a charcoal one but one of these days I might just get me one. Pulled pork without Wolverine claws you say.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    edited December 2017
    Options
    A smoker with Bluetooth? :o I might buy two and run them in an SDA configuration.

EDIT: SDA = Smoking Dead Animals :D
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »
    Model? Been thinking about getting one eventually, especially if it's that good! :)

I have the one that KhaRP is talking about, electric blue tooth. The blue tooth app doesn't seem to work right but I got it on Amazon for 200 and something bucks. I think I posted a thread about it.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Bruce what dead animal did you prepare first, and did you track it down yourself and shoot it or was it roadkill? All jokes aside my neighbor has one and its in use all the time, the cool thing is he smokes cheese with it at low temps some the best smoked gouda you ever ate. I still use a charcoal one but one of these days I might just get me one. Pulled pork without Wolverine claws you say.

Yeah And rIbs that don't want to stay on the bone.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TJ1OZR0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this one, paid 276 but the price went down 20 or 30 bucks the next day so they credited me the difference. it will do 4 whole chickens and makes great jerky
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    I have a Masterbuilt 32". Last weekend I did 2 pork butt and a chicken. It was a bit cold out here but, not below 0. On Amazon, I got wood chunks cheap ( way better vs the chips) and changed the area where the wood sits around a little bit but beyond that, for the $, it has been fine. Is there better? Heck yes! Mine is the bottom of the line so its not too thick.

One of the best things I got since I got the smoker is a wireless digital thermometer. You can get them under 50$ on amazon.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    FWIW, we grilled nice ribeye steaks outside last night -- I have absolutely been known to grill in the snow (although it wasn't snowin' last night*).

Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »

I got some deer in the freezer. I will try it out on the kids next time they come up.
  • helipilotdoug
    Options
    Our old gas grill from Lowes finally rusted out after 10 years, so I started looking for a replacement. Found all kinds of info on the internet when researching and found out about pellet grills. After looking at a bunch of videos, and reading everything I could about them, I decided on the Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill Smoker. Ordered it and it was delivered just before Thanksgiving, Got to say it is a very well engineered and fit together perfectly. Cooked our Thanksgiving turkey on it and it turned out fantastic! Since then I've smoked 3 racks of ribs, 4 pork tenderloins, and a bunch of hamburgers on it. Next up will be a brisket! It's completely automatic, just fill the hopper with pellets, set the temperature you want, and start smokin! With the meat probe you can tell exactly when you have achieved the proper temperature. I highly recommend the Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill Smoker to anyone who is looking for something like this.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • helipilotdoug
    Options
    Sorry about the multiple posts. Don't know what happened. Posts did not show up, so I reposted. Admin Please remove the first two. Thank you.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    I just thought you were really excited and wanted everybody to know it.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    FWIW, we grilled nice ribeye steaks outside last night -- I have absolutely been known to grill in the snow (although it wasn't snowin' last night*).

I grill/smoke year round. My stove barely ever gets used to cook meat... side vegetables and pasta yes.
  • helipilotdoug
    Options
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I just thought you were really excited and wanted everybody to know it.
    LOL, I'm excited about it, but not 3 posts worth!
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,259
    edited December 2017
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I got some deer in the freezer. I will try it out on the kids next time they come up.

I dunno, putting the kids in the freezer might not be the best idea.

But keep the smoker ideas/input coming. My son BBQ's a lot and has talked about getting into smoking. Any ideas that I can share with him that results in me getting more and more better eats I'm all for.

Sal Palooza
  • afterburnt
    Options

But keep the smoker ideas/input coming. My son BBQ's a lot and has talked about getting into smoking. Any ideas that I can share with him that results in me getting more and more better eats I'm all for.

Silly I was talking about trying the smoker on the kids lol. Pro tip, cherry wood is my choice real differnt than hickory or mesquite. I would like to experiment with other hard woods but if feel I can't go wrong with cherry.
  • jeremie
    jeremie Posts: 246
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I like my cookshack fe1000 pellet grill and primo xl

lu4djx12ced8.jpeg

96ioow7gyc23.jpeg

Receiver Yamaha 3070 *Emotiva xpa5 * Behringer iNuke 6000dsp *Monster Cable HTS 3500 -- line conditioner * Panamax 5300 * Apple 4K * Panasonic UB820 * JVC NX5 * Silver Ticket thin bezel 120”
    LSIM - Fronts 707 * Center 706c * Sides 702 * Rear 703 *FP RC85i * RP RC65i * Sub (2) SI HT18
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Does anyone else use water when they smoke? I found it help keep chicken breast from getting dried out. Ribs and burgers not so much as they have enough fat to keep them moist
  • jeremie
    jeremie Posts: 246
    Options
    Does anyone else use water when they smoke? I found it help keep chicken breast from getting dried out. Ribs and burgers not so much as they have enough fat to keep them moist

No, I pull chicken breast at 160. Plenty moist.

Receiver Yamaha 3070 *Emotiva xpa5 * Behringer iNuke 6000dsp *Monster Cable HTS 3500 -- line conditioner * Panamax 5300 * Apple 4K * Panasonic UB820 * JVC NX5 * Silver Ticket thin bezel 120”
    LSIM - Fronts 707 * Center 706c * Sides 702 * Rear 703 *FP RC85i * RP RC65i * Sub (2) SI HT18
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    I use water except this last round in 30 degree weather.

For wood. On Amazon I got pecan, hickory, cherry, and apple chunks.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options

Silly I was talking about trying the smoker on the kids lol. Pro tip, cherry wood is my choice real differnt than hickory or mesquite. I would like to experiment with other hard woods but if feel I can't go wrong with cherry.

I agree Cherry is the best. But most of the fruit wood is pretty solid. My only other i use is mesquite. I like that it burns so hot and seems to help keep a steady temp easier. Let's be clear i do not use it at the same time as fruit wood. This year i bought some of the kingford cherry charcoal WOW i liked that.
  • afterburnt
    Options

Oh yeah that may be the only thing to tend to while smoking though I have never had to replenish it. I've always used water except for jerky.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    jeremie wrote: »
    I like my cookshack fe1000 pellet grill and primo xl

lu4djx12ced8.jpeg

96ioow7gyc23.jpeg

Sweet setup, I couldn't have all that stuff, it would set the mountains on fire.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    Sweet setup, I couldn't have all that stuff, it would set the mountains on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3hzYRVAkUs