Another round of SDA Circuit Boards - Maybe

2»

Comments

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    audio_alan wrote: »
    Still no love for the original SDA-SRS's (non 1.2/1.2tl)?
    Completely different design. The SRS is 2/3rd generation.

Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Just wanted to everyone you know that I put an order in for a new batch of boards from a new suppler today, the only difference will be a green bottom solder mask. They should be here in about 2 weeks. I'll let everyone know when they get here.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    That's great Tony. Thanks for continuing to offer your vastly superior SDA crossover boards.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Nice Tony! Thanks for all the effort in keeping the SDA boards/caps/resistors/inductors, current.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Thanks Tony. I've bought sets for two different SDA's, and have been very pleased. This is a great service to anyone who wants to upgrade their Xovers in later model SDA's.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    I have samples of the new boards, and they are exceptional quality.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    You would think that with all of the enhancements created for these speakers by the membership here, and the huge following out there fore the SDA models, that someone from Polk might at least consider a run of 1c's as a nostalgia product.... I could be persuaded to buy a pair in the 3k price range.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gimpod
    Hey guy's the new boards have been in for a while and I still have to get them packed and shipped to @VR3 and @westmassguy. I'm going to try and get that done this weekend/first of the week.

Sorry for the delay but I got some new shoes the end of may and about a week later my feet started hurting really bad, It turns out with the normal (for me) swelling of my feet when I'm up in my chair that the new shoes had caused my feet to blister so I had stay in bed with my feet raised until they healed (fun NOT!). Luckily the blisters didn't pop, if they had it could have turned really ugly. Sometimes I think my misspent youth is coming back to bite me in the ****. Oh well that's life. :wink:
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Glad you're on the mend.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Herk
    Herk Posts: 24
    Im showing up to the party late! To the new owners defenses their is so much to read and so little time. I know this is not a huge market as this is VINTAGE. But people are going to need parts. To my own defense i have not even opened my sdas yet and i have owned them for 7 years.

Keep stuff around new members will get to them soon.. I promise i will.

• PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    Now that would be interesting, but now that Polk owned by DEI Holdings that would never happen. They seem to be into more small portable products now.
    You would think that with all of the enhancements created for these speakers by the membership here, and the huge following out there fore the SDA models, that someone from Polk might at least consider a run of 1c's as a nostalgia product.... I could be persuaded to buy a pair in the 3k price range.

POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • nooshinjohn
    PolkieMan wrote: »
    Now that would be interesting, but now that Polk owned by DEI Holdings that would never happen. They seem to be into more small portable products now.

I know. It' sad really, that a maker of great speakers is reduced to making earbuds for ungrateful video gamers and hipsters that could not recognize good sound if it bit them on the keister.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    PolkieMan wrote: »

I know. It' sad really, that a maker of great speakers is reduced to making earbuds for ungrateful video gamers and hipsters that could not recognize good sound if it bit them on the keister.

But look a little deeper and you'll see that DEI is owned by Charlesbank or some other such entity, who probably have zero interest in electronics except for when someone tries to hack their IT system...

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited July 2015
    I would be interested in three sets for 1.2TL, 2.3 (non TL) & 1C's. But I would eventually have either Trey or David do the mods for me. So I'm not sure how that factors into the count you need. Would I be better off purchasing just the boards from you, VR3 or Westmassguy when they are available and then send the boards to those guys when I decide to upgrade the crossovers just to be safe and make sure I have them when needed? Thank you.
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    It's all about the money I guess you have to survive and sell want the main crowd wants.

[/quote]

I know. It' sad really, that a maker of great speakers is reduced to making earbuds for ungrateful video gamers and hipsters that could not recognize good sound if it bit them on the keister.[/quote]

But look a little deeper and you'll see that DEI is owned by Charlesbank or some other such entity, who probably have zero interest in electronics except for when someone tries to hack their IT system...

[/quote]

POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • gimpod
    Hey guys and gals, The new boards are packed and should be going out in the morning to @VR3 (Trey) & @westmassguy (David), Hopefully they should have them by this weekend.

Those interested should buy from Trey or David as I'm pretty hard to get hold of due to my on going health issues. I guess 35+ years in a wheelchair are finally catching up with me, Such as Life.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    gimpod wrote: »
    Hey guys and gals, The new boards are packed and should be going out in the morning to @VR3 (Trey) & @westmassguy (David), Hopefully they should have them by this weekend.

Those interested should buy from Trey or David as I'm pretty hard to get hold of due to my on going health issues. I guess 35+ years in a wheelchair are finally catching up with me, Such as Life.

Thanks for all you do for us dude!!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • gimpod
    Your more than welcome. :)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I didn't think that it so easy! I thank for an explanation. I hope I'll do it from the first without mistakes.

Absolutely.....I think.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    Viking try not to quote spam...
    Tiffanyayala reported
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Tiffanyayala reported

Just wanted to point out the thread is 2 1/2 years old.
  • And I want to point out that these boards are the way to go.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    gmcman wrote: »
    Tiffanyayala reported

Just wanted to point out the thread is 2 1/2 years old.

yes it was the reason i reported the spam post and asked that viking NOT quote so it would not still be here.
    As you see the post has been removed by the mod's.......
  • nooshinjohn
    These boards are pure genius, and make upgrading your crossover a piece of cake, unless you are certifiably insane like VR3.... where has he been anyway?

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    yes it was the reason i reported the spam post and asked that viking NOT quote so it would not still be here.
    As you see the post has been removed by the mod's.......

So why wasn't the quote removed from my post or my post just removed altogether?

And since it was "SPAM", where was the link from the other poster trying to sell something? :p
  • gimpod
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    And I want to point out that these boards are the way to go.
    These boards are pure genius, and make upgrading your crossover a piece of cake, unless you are certifiably insane like VR3.... where has he been anyway?

Thanks for the plugs guy's, @westmassguy (David) at DHS Speaker Service still has some left for sale most likely the last that will be made.

@nooshinjohn I think VR3 (Trey) decided to go and just do his one off high dollar crossovers, I'm not sure as I've not heard from him.