It's time for the Jedi to end...

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Just returned, and was really impressed... great movie, and fits well in the story of the other films.

Dork B)
    Saw the original film 300 times in the theater in the summer of ‘77, and Empire and Return of the Jedi at least a hundred each...

Me too, collected all the cards, had the all figures, dressed up Star Wars for Halloween...the whole shebang....just felt like calling you a dork :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I guess I could say I gave myself to the Dork Side...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    They have cookies...
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I'm 35 and had never seen a Star Wars film until a couple years ago. At that time my boys were 3 and 5, and they wanted to see The Force Awakens. I did a little research and decided it was ok if they saw it, so we rented it.

Fast forward to now where we own the blu-ray box set of the first 6, and TFA as well as Rogue One. We've seen them all multiple times.

I'm not much of a Sci-Fi type guy, but it has truly been a joy to discover the world of Star Wars together with my boys. We love it.

Took them to see The Last Jedi today and had a blast.

Cheers...
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Here is a Nephew of mine. He is a die hard fan for sure.
    But he gravitated to the dark side... :o

8sod4q40e3z6.jpg
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    He just needs a good batch of cookies to sway him back...LOL...love it
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• nooshinjohn
    Stil have an original Don Post replica Vader Helmet from 1977...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Tony M wrote: »

8sod4q40e3z6.jpg
    That is priceless.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192

8sod4q40e3z6.jpg
    You have to do this with him!! One of my all time favorite commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n6hf3adNqk
  • Tony M
    ^^^^^^
    My wife and I LOVED that commercial when it came out.

Some commercials are a waste of money. That one was not.
    VW got a home run with that one !
  • Tony M
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

8sod4q40e3z6.jpg
    That is priceless.

I thought I caught him in a good way with that pic. too.

4 years ago my wife heard he was liking Star Wars movies.

His family were coming down to Topsail beach for a vacation, so my wife suggested we arrive in a Darth Vader costume and a Storm trooper costume too. We did. Her all white, me all black with a full length cape too. His parents knew we were coming dressed up. They couldn't wait to see his reaction to us !

I said in the title and elsewhere he is a Nephew' . He is a Grand Nephew to us. Sorry.

Well when we got there, he was on the 2nd floor ocean side porch with his mom doing something on the floor boards.

Well my wife walked out first in her Storm Trooper outfit and he looked a little puzzled and frozen in place. Then I walked out.....

Picture this...the breeze was blowing just right. I'm about 5" above my wife. I kind of stood beside and behind my wife looking around her shoulder. The breeze was blowing my cape in just the right way !!

The voice changer that comes with those masks works well and and I said a few things. It sounded just like Darth Vader too.

His eyes got bigger and he would look at his mom, back at us, back at his mom , back at us. He then smiled real big and came and hugged my wife real hard when she took off her helmet, but stayed away from me..LOL. I left my helmet on for a few minutes more just for more reaction..
    He thought I was the real deal .LOL

Everybody thought he was cute as a button too. But I was the only one who thought it was a "Kodak Moment". I took a few pics. of him walking around. He never wanted to hit anybody with the light sabre either which was nice. He's a calm and smart boy.

He walked around for 15 min. like that. That was 4 years ago. I'm think he's got his 2 sisters and parents into the world of Jedi's now.

Guess who he's been every Halloween since that summer.. :D
  • Tony M
    edited December 2017
    We're all going to see it today at 4:25. Reg. view...recliners.

My Daughters 2nd time. :o

BIG fat elec. recliners in our "Mayfair Cinema 16" theater are soooo comfy ! B)
  • Tony M
    ^^^^^^^
    2:45 showing. My mistake. Wife set me straight earlier.

My darn middle age brain got me again. :#

• txcoastal1
    edited December 2017
    ^^^^^^^
    2:45 showing. My mistake. Wife set me straight earlier.

My darn middle age brain got me again. :#

Then we will expect our review at 5:15

• Tony M
    Yes.

Unless I forget ..... :#
  • txcoastal1
    Yes.

We'll set you straight too!! :)

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Saw it Monday evening 3D. Hardly anybody there, I think I picked a good night to view it. Really good movie all around. Luke Skywalker especially. I like Daisy Ridley's character also a real lot, did in the last one too.
  • Tony M
    Yes.

I don't doubt that.

I hate to admit it but some of us still need help to stay on the straight and narrow. :p
  • txcoastal1
    Yes.

I don't doubt that.

I hate to admit it but some of us still need help to stay on the straight and narrow. :p

Enters wife :/ ...LOL

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Someone please tell me there isn't another death star to blow up in this new movie.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    tonyb wrote: »
    Someone please tell me there isn't another death star to blow up in this new movie.

2 of them..
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    And a hand full of death planets too!
  • nooshinjohn
    And plenty of screen time for Jar-Jar Binks...

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    Too many spoilers ...
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Too many spoilers ...
    Is it true that C-3PO and R2-D2 come out of the closet?
    They are planning a Will & Grace type spin-off by the 2qtr of 2018 which includes the BB-8 unit as well.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    C3P0 does say... “no BB8..I am your maker!”

• txcoastal1
    C3P0 does say... “no BB8..I am your maker!”

And once again you show that the "Dork Side is strong in you"

• Tony M
    edited December 2017
    WOW :o

Now we're talking Star Wars is BACK !

That was a Very, very good addition to the series that I feel was needed to save the confusion that had brewed with the last 2. I didn't like the previous 2 as much as this one.

This one has a lot of questions I had about the "how and who" of the "Resistance" explained. There were a few unexpected plot twists. Great "screen play" writing.

This is one of those movie sequels that can stand on it's own for just a darn great movie. Sci-Fi movie that is.

And did I say there was a TON of all-out speaker testing action scenes ? wow.

Not as chest pounding bass as the movie " Guardians of the Galaxy II" had, or it was the sound system being in a different theater. We were in #8 before, #11 today.
    Or the fact we were on the top row, middle today and we were in the middle, dead center in the other theater #8. Today we had a darn wall that was up to our chests in front of us. All other rows , the walls in front of people are shorter by far. Maybe the wall blocked the bass from pounding my chest like before. There was a ton of bass-y scenes but the palpability was week. But it sure sounded AWSOME !

There was a very good balance of Serious, action, funny and check your mind at the door scenes !

And the PLOT flowed pretty darn well compared to the last 2.

Well worth it guys and gals.

Go see it.

And pack a tissue or 2, you might need them. :'(
    I almost did. I got chocked up once or twice. Ya..I got into this movie !

• nooshinjohn
    The tribute to Carrie Fisher was nice, but half the theater was gone by the time they showed it. I was still in my seat and applauded when it came up. I was the only one to do so for about 5 seconds before others joined in.