Monitor 7B's fuse holder

I recently pulled my old pair of Monitor 7s out of the garage, got a vintage amp & receiver for Christmas, going back to analog. The speakers work fine after all these years but for one issue. The left speaker cuts out (not completely, just muffles and loses high end) sometimes. If I turn the fuse in the fuse holder it will kick back in. Bad connection somewhere on that fuse holder, just corrosion maybe? Gonna try and clean it up in the morning, but any advice would be appreciated :).

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Clean contact points real well with stiff brush. Sometimes the wire leading to it corrodes so also check that.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Check the internal wiring. My 1A's wires were full of green corrosion. I ended up bypassing the fuses.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    7B fuse holder internal wires.....'nuff said.

3lvxg0lpewnl.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk