marantz pm6006 with lsim 703

2»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    IMO, it would make more sense to upgrade your source versus your cables. At least for starters.

CD players have come a long way and can extract a lot more detail from the disc (due to higher quality DACs) than your current model can. Just something to consider.
    For the time, just have a computer and an old cd player philips 130 from......1991 I think...
    Still working well!! Step by step trying to make a Good quality sound system . My budget for the time is Over. .......waiting after Christmas to be able to buy Good câbles which is something I still not have! Put all i had in lsim......

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Well, Rome wasn't built in a day. B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat wrote: »
    IMO, it would make more sense to upgrade your source versus your cables. At least for starters.

CD players have come a long way and can extract a lot more detail from the disc (due to higher quality DACs) than your current model can. Just something to consider.
    For the time, just have a computer and an old cd player philips 130 from......1991 I think...
    Still working well!! Step by step trying to make a Good quality sound system . My budget for the time is Over. .......waiting after Christmas to be able to buy Good câbles which is something I still not have! Put all i had in lsim......

I understand, but for the time my speaker câbles are 16 gauge very basic quality and I d like to up grade à bit .....cd player i d like is the marantz cd6006 and for this year......it will stays like that i think........small step by small step
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I have the Marantz cd6004 which is a few generations older than that and it's a great player.
    I understand, but for the time my speaker câbles are 16 gauge very basic quality and I d like to up grade à bit .....cd player i d like is the marantz cd6006 and for this year......it will stays like that i think........small step by small step

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited December 2017
    Least move up to a good 12 gauge wire. Buy used and save some bucks. Find yourself some used MIT cables, Straley Reality cables, Audioquest or Kimber. Thank me later.

Check US Audiomart.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Thanks for the ideas!
    I was about to buy 14 gauge 3feet each wire speaker .
  • The problem with the cd player .......i put all i had in the lsim .....then i am gong to wait à bit for it, but yes it could be fine to begin with the 6004!
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Welcome to the forum. Stick around . Lots of knowledge to be found around here. I have been around here for ten years and still know very little. That’s what life is. A journey. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • I live in Montréal. I think it will be quite easy to find some good used wire here. But well.....for the time i am waiting for my speakers and I won t see them before half of january. Next year....i will get my lsim for home with some rti a3 for my workshop for my old denon amp. Can t wait for it! Big sound quality changes in my audio life!
  • Dabutcher wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum. Stick around . Lots of knowledge to be found around here. I have been around here for ten years and still know very little. That’s what life is. A journey. Peace. D

Always too many Things to learn and many ideas ! Like a lot learning Things here!
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    I live in Montréal. I think it will be quite easy to find some good used wire here. But well.....for the time i am waiting for my speakers and I won t see them before half of january. Next year....i will get my lsim for home with some rti a3 for my workshop for my old denon amp. Can t wait for it! Big sound quality changes in my audio life!

Enjoy the journey!

Nothing like taking it slow and appreciating each small step forward.

Try a bunch of stuff and see what you like and don’t like. Buying used helps to make it easier to flip something you don’t like and take little to no financial loss.

Or, you can hoard it all for the “just in case” scenario!