Cable length question

My speakers are not equidistant from my power amp; one is 13 ft away, the other is 2-3 ft. I am ordering cables from Blue Jeans; will it make any audible difference if I order different lengths, or should I order two equal length cables and coil up the excess on one side? My system components are:
Parasound A2100
McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe
LSIM 707s

Thanks!

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I'd order them the same length personally. Some would say to snake the excess instead of coiling. Our resident engineer did some testing with coiling and found no difference, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to snake it instead.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    You must have posted while I was typing, exact person I had in mind while saying that. :D
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • I have the exact same problem w/ my left 2B being about 7' away and the right side side being maybe a foot w/ excess for cleaning and not to have any strain on the cables. Redoing the i/c with the Speak-On-Neutrik connectors also made longer than I needed. Both lengths to speakers are equal 10' and did the snake layering thing behind my console to conceal excess. Coincidentally I also did the Blue Jean cable thing w/ 12 gu Belden white. Most have seen this just note how close the right side is to rack and amp.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • cheeg
    cheeg Posts: 11
    Thanks for all your responses!