Latest Netflix find

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I watched two episodes of gypsy last night. It was just ok. Not sure I'll continue. I may give it another go just in case it picks up.
  • Death Note

Definitely a little different but I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Willow
    Due to back issues, I was able to watch Ozarks and gypsy. Plus I caught up on got I know not Netflix. I liked the Ozarks quite a bit looking forward to next season. Gypsy was ok, kept my interest just enough to want to watch another episode either that or because I was bored and didn't want to start a new show.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    heiney9 wrote: »
    chumlie wrote: »
    Season 3 of Narcos starts Friday.

Half way through season 2. The subtitles can be a bit tedious, but it's a great series.

H9

Just started watching this... Liking it a lot so far, but I agree... the subtitles do get old. I'm not the fastest reader, so I feel like I'm missing the video portion and focusing entirely on the subtitles... Might as well read a book!

In all seriousness, it is an addictive (pun intended) series!
  • Punisher...Finally has arrived on Netflix. I’ve been waiting awhile for this one. All caught up on Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. Ready to binge, well almost...kids are still awake.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Willow
    We are running out of really good shows to watch. I've noticed recently a big influx of East Indian and Asian shows.
  • Willow
    We started watching 13 reasons why. Only the first episode and it seems ok.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Death Note

Definitely a little different but I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

If you can get past the cultural differences that has an inevitable affect on the entertainment they make over there it's really good up until L dies.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Stranger Things. Surprised no one mentioned it so far.

Right now watching Glitch. Acting is horrible at times but caught me anyway.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Stranger Things. Acting is horrible at times.
    *fixed
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Watched the first two episodes of Alias Grace. Really like it so far...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Viking64
    I just finished watching a Netflix original series called "Dark". It takes place in Germany, so if you dislike subtitles (or are not fluent in German), this show isn't for you.

It has been compared to "Stranger Things", but the good part is YOU ACTUALLY GET TO FIND OUT WHAT IS HAPPENING! :p

There are some really interesting scientific concepts, and it is fairly complicated, so it requires a lot of thought, but I felt the payoff was worth it. 4.5/5 starseses
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Similar to stranger things?! I'm down! Thanks for the tip.
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I just finished watching a Netflix original series called "Dark". It takes place in Germany, so if you dislike subtitles (or are not fluent in German), this show isn't for you.

It has been compared to "Stranger Things", but the good part is YOU ACTUALLY GET TO FIND OUT WHAT IS HAPPENING! :p

There are some really interesting scientific concepts, and it is fairly complicated, so it requires a lot of thought, but I felt the payoff was worth it. 4.5/5 starseses

• Clipdat
    lol, spoiler alert!

Also I think he was referring to the new Death Note movie that they made, not the original Japanese anime.
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Death Note

If you can get past the cultural differences that has an inevitable affect on the entertainment they make over there it's really good up until L dies.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    If it hasnt already been mentioned "Dark" is a cool trippy sci-fi show. Its not a American show, so its been voiced-over, but its not that noticeable.

Its pretty cool and we enjoyed it a whole lot.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Clipdat
    From what Viking wrote above regarding subtitles, it sounds like you might be able to select the language in the Netflix settings?
    If it hasnt already been mentioned "Dark" is a cool trippy sci-fi show. Its not a American show, so its been voiced-over, but its not that noticeable.

• EndersShadow
    edited December 2017
    Clipdat wrote: »
    From what Viking wrote above regarding subtitles, it sounds like you might be able to select the language in the Netflix settings?

Its already in English, but the show was originally shot and shown in Germany, so the actors and original language is German. They redid the voices in English using different actors, just be aware the lips dont match the words, and things like signs are not always readable. Again not a big deal at all, you just notice it when Police jackets say "Polizei" and things like that. Again not noticeable enough to bother me and you forget after a while.

It probably has the most trippy intro and the BEST sound effects out of any show I've seen in QUITE some time. I'm honestly super impressed with it overall, enough that I may buy the soundtrack, if its available.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Viking64
    When I watched "Dark", it was in German. I had to use subtitles. I didn't check to see if it was dubbed. :o
  • EndersShadow
    Viking64 wrote: »
    When I watched "Dark", it was in German. I had to use subtitles. I didn't check to see if it was dubbed. :o

Gotcha. When we watched it, it played in English by default. Not sure if thats a setting I used or something else. The ONLY subtitles that appeared was when they showed the title of the episode.
  • Clipdat
    Interesting, thanks guys for the comments and recommendation. I'll be sure to check it out but hopefully they have an original German language with subtitles option as I would greatly prefer that.
  • Viking64

Gotcha. When we watched it, it played in English by default. Not sure if thats a setting I used or something else. The ONLY subtitles that appeared was when they showed the title of the episode.
    I guess it's a default setting issue. I just checked it again and you can choose English as a language. :o:p
  • I am 5 or 6 episodes into Dark and have done the subtitles...great acting and suspense.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • I refuse to read a movie. I’ll be skipping over that one.

I am looking forward to part 4 of The Ranch coming out this month. It’s a shame they had to write Jameson out of the script. It won’t be the same.
  • Viking64
    I refuse to read a movie. I’ll be skipping over that one.
    If you mean "Dark", we have determined that you can choose English as a spoken language and turn off the sub-titles.
  • Viking64 wrote: »
    If you mean "Dark", we have determined that you can choose English as a spoken language and turn off the sub-titles.

I read the dub is bad (someone else's opinion) plus I don't mind subtitles. I watch a bit of international films and seem to enjoy reading subtitles over any dubs, not in all cases though.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Viking64 wrote: »

That sounds awful.
  • Viking64
    edited December 2017
    That sounds awful.
    So, you only watch movies that are made in America and England? :p
  • I would say that’s a stretch.

The United States and North America for sure.

Been watching Frontier on Netflix it’s pretty good. That’s probably filmed in Canada or Michigan somewhere.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Slide over to Amazon and watch The Vikings.