12” Infinity 1260 SVC sub (4) Indy

Options
EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
edited December 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have 4 Infinity 1260's. They are USED and in working condition, and I DO NOT have the original boxes for them, but should still be able to package them appropriately.

Wire 2 together in a sealed dual opposed boxes and you get an easy to drive 8 ohm load x 2. Very high sensitivity.

In a sealed cinfiguration they don’t mind small boxes and 1.2 cubic feet per sub (so under 3 cubic feet for a pair) is a good start and easy to put in most rooms.

I'm looking for 60 a driver + actual shipping. I'm open to offers, but send those via PM's.

I'm in the Indianapolis area, but will be up in Chicago at some point in the next few weeks, and down towards the Louisville KY area if that helps any.

As an idea as to shipping, I just got a quote of 70 bucks shipped from Indy to New Orleans. I can fit all 4 drivers in a box that is 16 x 16 x 36. Each driver would have 1.75” on all 4 sides and about 2” between each driver.

I am also not against selling them as pairs or individually. PM me if interested.

Pictures below:

f35f84dbe60f32a0fedbcf0330d18b61.jpg
99e1c4d770d4cf6074631e94b5a0a692.jpgafd14d80e8858ee07cef4c7a261ecf99.jpg90769048fc28e2fc3cbba4ba6c77fbe0.jpg91688026c39ac9b438d1b4dc3d191c8b.jpgd3c8918d5ebf3a8718972ba3e2157678.jpg403358f576f1a9bf764b8aaf5ff61fb2.jpg

The number-one aftermarket car audio speaker . . . five years running* When you want a truly moving car audio experience, look no further than Infinity® Reference speakers. And you won’t be alone in having great sound in your vehicle. Infinity Reference has been the top-selling aftermarket car audio speaker for five years running, and with good reason. Infinity Reference continues to lead the industry with innovative materials and breakthrough engineering that delivers extreme output with accuracy and detail for the ultimate listening experience on the road. And proprietary features such as patent-pending Plus One® cones, true four-ohm topology, and UniPivot™ edge-driven tweeters leave the competition scrambling to keep up. So experience what so many others have enjoyed for years, and install Infinity Reference speakers in your vehicle. Prepare to be moved.

General Specifications

Impedance: 4 Ohms

Audio Specifications

Sensitivity:93dB

Frequency Response:23Hz – 400Hz

Dimensions

Diameter (in): 12-3/8"

Mounting Depth (in): 6-7/16"

Features
Polypropylene woofer cone

When you want to experience seriously low bass that is reproduced with detail and clarity, you need a woofer using a cone that is stiff yet lightweight. The Reference 1260W delivers an exceptional bass experience by using a woofer cone made of polypropylene. Polypropylene is the perfect combination of strength and light weight for high power handling and efficiency. It can deliver the deep bass notes that rattle your ride as well as the subtle bass notes of an audiophile-quality listening experience.
Large-roll rubber surrounds

To ensure high-performance, distortion-free bass for all kinds of music, a subwoofer cone needs to be strong when moving the large amounts of air that we hear as bass. One of the places where a subwoofer cone can be at its weakest and can distort is where the cone attaches to the basket. To ensure that the cone does not bend or flex at this connection, a strong material must attach the basket to the cone. This attachment is called the surround. Where other companies’ products use inferior materials, the Reference 1260W uses large-roll rubber surrounds. The roll’s size and strength provide stronger cone-edge suspension and absorb any distortion that might travel up the cone’s edge. The result: exceptional sound quality and detail. And if better sound quality alone isn’t enough, rubber is much more durable than other materials commonly used in surrounds. It will provide many, many miles of rocking out to your favorite artist.
Progressive spiders

No, this isn’t the bug but the name of the corrugated woven material just under the speaker cone. This important part of a subwoofer is designed to keep the subwoofer’s voice coil moving as linearly as possible. In other words, a well-engineered spider is key to keeping control over the entire woofer cone. To ensure optimum control,the Reference 1260W uses a a progressive spider design that exerts more force as the voice coil reaches its limit. With a Reference subwoofer, you will hear nothing but deep, tight, distortion-free bass even under the most extreme performance conditions. As we said . . . go ahead and turn it up!
Large, two-inch (51-millimeter) voice coils

When it comes to bass in the car, you want to turn the power up. However, too much power, converted into heat, destroys speakers. The Reference 1260W voice coils two inches (51 millimeters) in diameter, which provide plenty of heat-dissipating surface area with high output and long durability. In fact, the 1260W can handle up to 1200 watts of peak power, far more than competitive subwoofers at the same price. So go ahead and turn it up. We want you to.
Sealed boxes

Don’t have a lot of room? Looking to hear every subtle detail in your bass? Add a powerful subwoofer amplifier to a sealed box loaded with a Reference 1260W subwoofer. You just might hear all the sounds that you want to hear.
Vented boxes

Have a little more space to work with? Want people to hear you coming? A vented box might be for you. Vented boxes maximize bass in the 40Hz to 60Hz range and make more efficient use of amplifier power for a huge bass experience.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• EndersShadow
    Options
    Bump... open to offers too

Make somebody’s hHappy for christmas!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Price drop to 50 a driver + shipping
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Probably some of the best car subwoofers you can buy.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

Not just that, but these work QUITE well in home theater applications. I had these 4 in a 6 cubic foot sealed box and they were very nice.

4 of these subs in that sized box were BETTER than a Ultimax 18" sub above 60hz, and hung with it all the way down to 10hz.

These EXCEL at near-field use (which is what most folks are using them for). A small 1.2 cubic foot box placed near your listening position and these things will sound GREAT and not need a ton of power to do so.

And they do even better in smaller ported boxes that 15 or 18" subs dont do well in. In a 3.5 cubic foot ported box these can hit 19hz with decent numbers and not a lot of power required.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Nice! These would be a great pickup then for someone with DIY skills!
    Clipdat wrote: »

Not just that, but these work QUITE well in home theater applications. I had these 4 in a 6 cubic foot sealed box and they were very nice.

4 of these subs in that sized box were BETTER than a Ultimax 18" sub above 60hz, and hung with it all the way down to 10hz.

These EXCEL at near-field use (which is what most folks are using them for). A small 1.2 cubic foot box placed near your listening position and these things will sound GREAT and not need a ton of power to do so.

And they do even better in smaller ported boxes that 15 or 18" subs dont do well in. In a 3.5 cubic foot ported box these can hit 19hz with decent numbers and not a lot of power required.

• EndersShadow
    Options
    Very much so... although some folks even used car audio truck sub boxes just to get started...

Once these come back in stock they are great options for even less skilled DIY'ers, although you "may" have to check the woofer cutout dimensions...

1.5 cubic foot sealed box

2.0 cubic foot sealed box
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    bump...
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited December 2017
    Options
    In a 3.5 cubic foot ported box these can hit 19hz with decent numbers and not a lot of power required.
    single driver in a 3.5 cu ft? W/or w/out any EQ?

I'm SOOO tempted...
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2017
    Options
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    In a 3.5 cubic foot ported box these can hit 19hz with decent numbers and not a lot of power required.
    single driver in a 3.5 cu ft? W/or w/out any EQ?

I'm SOOO tempted...

Well ported.... so you need a highpass filter right around 19hz.... but otherwise they model quite well...

However they are tentatively all sold to a fella in Chicago.....

SPL graphs. Note how 2 of these hold their own against a single Dayton Ultimax 18 with a MASSIVE amount of wattage...

u8xglawdtdjx.jpg

Here is the same data looking at cone excursion, showing that these stay under their measured (not rated) Xmax with that same wattage. Their "rated" Xmax is 13mm, but after some measurements by guys with the actual drivers, and real world testing, they can go up to about 16mm before you run into problems....

w4byadnfb8bg.jpg

More hard data here (pictures from that thread below)
    I asked John to help me design a box for 4 (working on getting 8, have 7) Infinity 1260W. My goal is to distribute these around my room according to the best layout for my room (Room Sim REW) 1/4 in on the side walls looks good, and I want to try this. I asked John for a design in the "Cyclops-range" tuned just under 20hz and within the limits of a sheet of MDF, and port on the baffle. Here is what he came up with.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1054969&stc=1&d=1447441196

attachment.php?attachmentid=1054977&stc=1&d=1447443500
    LTD02 wrote: »
    SPL looks something about like this.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1056097&stc=1&d=1447475080

2pi space model (doesn't include room gain). 300 watts takes the driver to 13mm, but it should be able to take a little more than that for short bursts. two cabs stacked will give about +6db across the board.

there is also the 1262 which provides substantially similar performance. the difference is the 1260 is single 4 ohm coil, 1262 is dual 4 ohm coil (can be wired for 2 or 8 ohms per driver). this is the 1262. same box. same power.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1056089&stc=1&d=1447474636
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    weeeell, I snoozed, I lost. Hardly a waste though. You "gave" me another driver to add to my list.

1000 thanks! tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Sold!