Shout-Out To Polk's CS & Parts Departments

Options
I want to give kudos to the CS and Parts Departments at Polk. I had sent CS a few emails over a three week period about purchasing a cosmetic part for one of my speakers, but got no reply. I knew that wasn't the best way to contact them, but I was afraid of calling and being put on hold when I was working and having to hang up prematurely. Plus, I'm not really that fond of talking to people. So I called last Thursday towards the end of the day. I could tell they were busy because it took about thirty minutes to talk to someone. I really wish I would have written down the guy's name I dealt with, so someone could give him a gold star. At the end of the conversation, I told him how awesome he was. He checked for the part I needed and it unfortunately wasn't on the parts list. I bet nine out of ten reps would have told me the part was not available and that would have been the end of it. But even as busy as they were, he took the time to contact the parts department and they had a couple stashed away in a drawer somewhere and found me one. I actually got disconnected when he put me on hold to talk to the part's department, and he called me right back. Just went out and got today's mail and there's my part. A+

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I want to give kudos to the CS and Parts Departments at Polk. I had sent CS a few emails over a three week period about purchasing a cosmetic part for one of my speakers, but got no reply. I knew that wasn't the best way to contact them, but I was afraid of calling and being put on hold when I was working and having to hang up prematurely. Plus, I'm not really that fond of talking to people. So I called last Thursday towards the end of the day. I could tell they were busy because it took about thirty minutes to talk to someone. I really wish I would have written down the guy's name I dealt with, so someone could give him a gold star. At the end of the conversation, I told him how awesome he was. He checked for the part I needed and it unfortunately wasn't on the parts list. I bet nine out of ten reps would have told me the part was not available and that would have been the end of it. But even as busy as they were, he took the time to contact the parts department and they had a couple stashed away in a drawer somewhere and found me one. I actually got disconnected when he put me on hold to talk to the part's department, and he called me right back. Just went out and got today's mail and there's my part. A+

@KimJasper way to go. Starting to hear good things again.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    When I got disconnected from Polk CS, I did not get called back. I just called the next day.

The first rep was going to comp the crossovers I needed but didn't write down my name and number. It was around 5 PM. ET so I thought maybe the phones go dead at that time. No problem.
    The rep the next day charged me 60 + shipping. No problem there either. They got my problem fixed without me having to learn at this time to do cross-over repairs.

I still feel and KNOW Polk CS is second to none !

I too waited 30 min. the first time, 5 min. the next day.

A third time for another request for some spikes, only took 5 seconds to get an answer and the spikes were gifted free of charge. <3

Merry Christmas from Polk Audio is the way I took it. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.