Monitor 70 speakers - tweeters gone?

Options
I have a set of monitor 70 speakers thato I have enjoyed for many years. Recently the sound became almost mono tone....I feel nothing on the tweeters at mid volume in either one? Could they both be blown? I did remove the bridge between the top and bottom speaker connectors and hooked up the speaker wire to the top only...faint sound only on one
If in fact this is the problem, where can I get replacements.
Thanks
Mike

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello Mike,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Replacement tweeters can be found at Polk's CS department reached at: 1-800-377-7655 (select option 2) and mention you have joined Club Polk for a reduced price and free shipping.
    Regards, Ken
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Options
    Did you remove the jumpers between the terminals before or after the tweeters when kaput? If before, try putting them back on, or using wire to re-connect the terminals.

Having said that. M-series tweeters are pretty easy to BLOW if you clip your amp. I always keep mine at reasonable levels, well below clipping. So far, so good! Fingers crossed! RTi tweeters have a more robust architecture!

Good Luck!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • adamic
    Options
    Looks like the same problem I have but just one speaker. Looks like I'll be ordering one since I waited a year to get this receiver to drive these.