RX-V583 good enough for RTi series surround sound?

Options
Hey guys, been surfing here awhile. Hoping to get a clear confirmation from the pros-

I recently purchased some RTi A5s for front L/R, and some RC80s in wall for surround, and waiting to purchase a CSI a6 for the center.

Will my current AVR (RX-V583) be sufficient for home movie watching with these speakers?

Technically its a 7.2 surround sound AVR but I will only be using 5.1 of it, hoping this will leave enough power for the channels I am using.

I am upgrading from some 10 year old Sony speakers I have and cant wait to try them out.

Let me know what you think, thanks!

Comments

• captainjacksparrow
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Shoot, ok.

I would need a AVR that works with 4k TV and is less then 6.5 inches thick. ( I know random, but its the size of the space I have for it.)

Anything come to mind that might power these speakers well?

Edit - Also, is it the brand that you dont like, or the power? I just happend to notice my local costco has a TSR 7810 on sale and that would bump my power from 80x a channel to 95.

Just thinking out loud here..
    Post edited by captainjacksparrow on
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    Options
    Are you running a sub? If so, run the speaks on small and you should be OK for HT for a while. Just be careful with the volume.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Why do you have a 6 1/2 inch height limit for an AVR?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Marantz NR series would fit the bill...but it does cost a bit.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    RX-Vs have pretty weak power supplies but like Ken said if you get a sub it'd work. Low bass is what takes the majority of the power, cutting the speakers off at 80Hz would help a lot.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Yes I will have a sub. Polk 12 inch, forgot the exact name. And yes planning on running all speakers small set at 80.

Hopefully it will all sound decent..

Thanks for the help guys. I should have everything here in a week or 2.
  • sponger
    sponger Posts: 325
    Options
    Probably something of which the OP is well aware, but the YPAO auto-calibration will set those A5s to large unless manually overridden. I could see myself overlooking that minor detail amidst the excitement of revving up new system peripherals. So I just wanted to post this friendly FYI. Also, it looks like that model has eco-mode. In which case you could save more power, and hopefully without noticeable sacrifice to overall sonic characteristics.
    Denon X7200WA
    LSiM 705 703 704c
    Denon DP 400
    Yamaha CDC 775
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    sponger wrote: »
    In which case you could save more power, and hopefully without noticeable sacrifice to overall sonic characteristics.

Nice in theory, but a bit of fantasy in real world terms. Sonics are derived in a big part from power/current. In this case, less isn't going to equal more.

Eco-mode ? Who the heck wants that involved with their audio ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Eco-mode ? Who the heck wants that involved with their audio ?
    Sal.
  • I'll make sure and keep all the speakers small, thanks.

I don't believe I will be using any eco modes though.

Sub arrives Tuesday, A5s Thursday. Still gotta find an A6 for a good price...
  • sponger
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Completely valid points re: eco mode, echoing my thoughts exactly. But, I interpreted some of the conversation as suggesting that greater efficiencies in power consumption would translate to less stress on the amp--overtaxation of the power supply being an issue with this particular model.

Exactly how much of a difference exists between activating eco-mode and simply being mindful of the volume is something of which I am not aware.

It could very well be that said feature is absolutely nothing other than a redundant marketing tool at its worst. But, the OP did mention cramped space, in which case I wouldn't rule out heat dissipation being an issue. If eco-mode truly does what it claims to do, then could we not infer that it would at least be somewhat of a preventive measure against overheating? Just saying.
    Denon X7200WA
    LSiM 705 703 704c
    Denon DP 400
    Yamaha CDC 775
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    If you have to account for overheating in the first place, then you have the wrong electronics for your needs.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • sponger
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    If you have to account for overheating in the first place, then you have the wrong electronics for your needs.

It was the right electronics for the previous arrangement. What I thought after reading this thread was that the new arrangement creates cause for concern due to the receiver's questionable amp reliability. In which case I say can't be too careful. I'm leaving it up the OP, but wanted to point out the option just in case.
    Denon X7200WA
    LSiM 705 703 704c
    Denon DP 400
    Yamaha CDC 775
  • Earthy
    Earthy Posts: 488
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Oops wrong thread
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Parasound Halo A21
    Parasound Halo P3