Does my setup work?

A newbie here trying to setup audio in my living room. I had a new home and the builder gave me a 5.1 channel inceiling wiring and I am now working on installing the speakers. I want to leverage the current wiring and install the speakers on ceiling and not on the wall. Here is what I am thinking for my setup,
My room is roughly 25' length by 20' wide.
Option #1
225c-ls for Center
700ls for front L/R
80f/x-ls for surround
dsw pro 660 for sub

Option #2
225c-rt for center
70 rt for front L/R
80rt for surround
dsw pro 440 wi for sub

I am thinking of a 7.1 channel receiver with 100w output per channel.

My question is are these setups work well? are the individual parts compatible with each other? The option #1 and #2 is for price point and also not to make it too much for that sized room. Please advice.

Answers

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,588
    That’s a big room, so I would go with option 1. If you’re in the US, I would use the sub money for an SVS or HSU. Far superior for the money. And I understand wanting to use the in ceiling wiring, but I would highly suggest using a normal center channel if possible. Center and sub and by far the most important for ht.

Good luck and welcome to CP!
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch