Daughters house.

2»

Comments

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    He's just different, set in his own way that's for sure.

Daughter is happy, that's all that matters.

Heading over today to take some shelves she wanted made and do some measuring.

• oldrocker
    Did not see this coming.

Dec 4th the daughter calls all upset, says her cat is not feeling well.

Ok, Dads on it, gets the cat carrier, gets cat in carrier and off we go to the vet we go. He did not want to go and let me know his feelings on the whole vet visit thing.

Apparently he has a bladder infection, get the visit done, meds and back home we go.

Next day even worse symptoms for him, really bad. Blood work and urine back, huge levels of potassium.

Next day go check on him at daughters request, NOT good.

Back to the vet we go, this time putting him in the cat carrier, no fight, no fuss, no resistance, nothing. Vet said they could try to cath him, flush his system and maybe that would work, vet said she doubted he could even take the sedation and would probably not survive. I was sick to my stomach. I ask if he was suffering, vet said yes and I had to make a very difficult decision.

Daughter came to our house after work and we had a talk, she was devastated, wife was devastated, so was I.

I told my daughter that I stayed with him and just petted him as he went to sleep and I did do that. Even though me and him butted heads once in a while, I hated this.

Here is a goofy part of the situation. Back during the remodel, I blew out my back, hired a guy to install the whole house water filter and softener as the water is just nasty. I would check on it from time to time, wasn't using much salt and the filter looked unusually clean.

About 10 days ago, my daughter gets a bladder infection which was kind of strange as she is usually very healthy. FYI, her cat was sick once before about 5 years ago as he ate some dog food as we were watching a dogs for family. No big deal. cat got better and never sick again.

Yesterday, daughter calls and says the water seemed/smelled funny, not soft like it should be.

Apparently, the guy who hooked up the softener, left inline water valve in the by pass position so for about a month the water was not being filtered??? I have since set it right, ran a few cycles and had the water tested, all is ok now

NOTE: I am NOT saying this unfiltered water contributed to my daughter or her cat to both get a bladder infection around the same time, I just think it's unusual for them both to have one at that time. Both of them when they lived with us drank our water which is doubled filtered along with a softener.

Who knows if it contributed to the situation or not?

On the good news, daughter is doing better, she had just gotten a hamster about 10 days ago, his name is Mr. Wiskers.

Too much info I know, just a crazy set of circumstances!

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited December 2017
    Cat to hampster.... interesting switch. Easier to care for thats for sure :smile:

Also, I know "a guy" with a couple spare 12" sub drivers that could be put in small sealed boxes and driven with a Crown amp that would sound quite nice in said room....

Let me know if your interested :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    My condolences to you and your daughter... Loosing a family member is always a mess. Even more so when all you can do is sit and watch it happen. :'(:(
  • oldrocker
    FestYboy wrote: »
    My condolences to you and your daughter... Loosing a family member is always a mess. Even more so when all you can do is sit and watch it happen. :'(:(

Thanks, she's doing better, just got back from a Dad/Daughter dinner. :)
  • oldrocker
    Cat to hampster.... interesting switch. Easier to care for thats for sure :smile:

Also, I know "a guy" with a couple spare 12" sub drivers that could be put in small sealed boxes and driven with a Crown amp that would sound quite nice in said room....

Laffs, I know that guy... Yeah, from cat to a hamster kind of goofy but whatever works for her. She did mention at dinner maybe after the first of the year another cat.
  • EndersShadow
    oldrocker wrote: »

Laffs, I know that guy... Yeah, from cat to a hamster kind of goofy but whatever works for her. She did mention at dinner maybe after the first of the year another cat.

So is she fattening up the hamster FOR the cat hehehehehe
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I'm really sorry to hear about your daughters friend. Nothing easy about the choice you had to make.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    My condolences to you and your daughter.

I think it's too big of a coincidence that both the cat and your daughter got sick. Bad water can mess you up big time.

It took me three days to figure out that drinking AZ water made me toss my cookies. I knew it didn't taste good, but I didn't know it would make me sick!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • oldrocker
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I'm really sorry to hear about your daughters friend. Nothing easy about the choice you had to make.

Thank you Nf

• oldrocker
    cfrizz wrote: »

I think it's too big of a coincidence that both the cat and your daughter got sick. Bad water can mess you up big time.

It took me three days to figure out that drinking AZ water made me toss my cookies. I knew it didn't taste good, but I didn't know it would make me sick!

Thanks,

Did seem a coincidence to us also.

However, got a text from my daughter that has a co-worker who is "sadly" getting a divorce and has 2 male cats needing a good loving home. Apparently 2 are brothers with great personalities.

We'll be checking them out this Sunday I was just informed. :D
  • EndersShadow
    cfrizz wrote: »

Thanks,

Did seem a coincidence to us also.

However, got a text from my daughter that has a co-worker who is "sadly" getting a divorce and has 2 male cats needing a good loving home. Apparently 2 are brothers with great personalities.

We'll be checking them out this Sunday I was just informed. :D

tumblr_oje2urw2Dd1vkfsowo1_400.gif
  • oldrocker
    Showed the wife that video, she asked with a horrible look on her face, that cat doesn't eat that thing does it?

Last cat update, daughter did get the 2 new cats, wobbles and monkey.

They are getting adjusted to the new environment and the daughter is all smiles now which is all that matters <3
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Gonna need pics of the new cats please!
    Showed the wife that video, she asked with a horrible look on her face, that cat doesn't eat that thing does it?

Last cat update, daughter did get the 2 new cats, wobbles and monkey.

They are getting adjusted to the new environment and the daughter is all smiles now which is all that matters <3

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I like cats... with barbeque sauce. (kidding)
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Cats know when something is askew.. they think nuzzling is a fix all..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Where's toolfan
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Where's toolfan

Suspended for 30 days.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    verb wrote: »
    Where's toolfan

Suspended for 30 days.

Your late...it was a rally cry...I posted same in several threads until Vanilla spammed me out :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    verb wrote: »
    Where's toolfan

Suspended for 30 days.

Your late...it was a rally cry...I posted same in several threads until Vanilla spammed me out :)

Oh. I did similar on the Camaro thread when they removed his sweet camaro on that thread.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • oldrocker
    Got this yesterday. "borrowed pics"

Hoped to pull the amp and attempt to venture into tubes.

The daughter stopped by right after I cleaned/played it and said Oh Dad, I like the look of that, can I have that at my house?

Over 50 yrs old and still works.

Did notice the longer it runs the better it gets and boy does it put off some heat out the back.

ixyuqq4w4g43.jpg

• oldrocker
    No clue on this stuff.

Oh well, take it to her house shortly.

vr0loe8nho3l.jpg

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    1.5 watts per channel. :p

I used to show people what 1 watt would do with my DJ club speakers. They had "twin 15"s and a horn per speaker". They could take 200 continuous watts ( proven in my cave ) but 1 watt was PLENTY for normal to loud listening! I know short term peaks were more than 1 watt and I explained that too.

I think the speakers had a 95 db. sensitivity rating for 1 watt. B)

Almost all were shocked!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • oldrocker
    I can't believe how this old beater sounds after running for a while, mind you it's NOT a great sound by any means but it is quite clear. The AM function is even louder.

I can tell by looking inside the back, the whole tube thing will be a different venture that's for sure.

Funny part, one of my daughters favorite songs is Hotel California which was playing on it when she stopped bye which started the whole "I'd sure like to have that Dad" thing. :D

Since the cabinet is in pretty good shape and it is working, I'll just leave it alone and let my Daughter have it.
  • EndersShadow
    You need to shownoff pics of the actual unit lol....

If you really want a tube amp, talk to Bobby and let him build you one.
  • oldrocker
    More like don't show em :D

n5obu7crkqrb.jpg
    ujh7gh4eb2op.jpg
    frnkeq5pzaop.jpg

Got most of the dirt spots off, tried to get some pics of the guts inside, didn't work out to well. Inside the cabinet has an envelope stuck to the side, in it is a paper copy of the schematics. Didn't expect that.. :o

Not ready to have something built or to buy, just taking ignorant baby steps at this time.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    She gets it!
    You should be proud, well done sir!