Decking done, shop build underway!

Busy Monday!

yxps2nwtzme7.jpg

yqwsyypy6mai.jpg

bxp95o9kmdx0.jpg

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Looks great so far, Steve!
    That pool deck's gonna be sweet once that pile of rocks finishes melting.

What's the purple stuff around the baseplate of the shop framing?
    I can't tell - is the floor solid concrete? or a CMU and sand base?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Knock down on flat work looks great! Cool shop space.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited December 2017
    msg wrote: »
    Looks great so far, Steve!
    That pool deck's gonna be sweet once that pile of rocks finishes melting.

What's the purple stuff around the baseplate of the shop framing?
    I can't tell - is the floor solid concrete? or a CMU and sand base?

Water barrier between base plate and concrete. Concrete foundation. They made a heck of a mess checking the flow of the waterfall.

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Any updates, Steve?
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    You are making one hell of a scorpion sanctuary!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Reported
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited February 2020
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Looks like a really nice lace to spend some time, great job.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Steve,

Looks really good. Am in process myself for building out a workshop/storage area.

May I know what you went with for thickness of slab (looks thicker than 4 inches) and PSI rating?

Also what size is your shop? I would be happy to take this offline.

Thanks for any details in advance.

Halen
  • steveinaz
    The slab is ridiculous, it's like 8-10" thick. Why they poured it so thick, I don't know. My shop is 16 x 24 Mr.Shed stick-built. The only prefab they use are the roof trusses.
    Here's a recent video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQXz-TahqJs
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Hmmm, 8 to 10 inches thick, eh? I wonder how many dead bodies you can fit in an area the size of your shed....

Inquiring minds want to know.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3 wrote: »
    Hmmm, 8 to 10 inches thick, eh? I wonder how many dead bodies you can fit in an area the size of your shed....

Inquiring minds want to know.

Tom

Ask TonyB :#

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Steve, nice shop. Good size and you did some smart things. Run electrical and insulation. That insulation makes a big difference! In my shop, it can be 9 degrees outside for days on end and when I walk into my shop, it is a very comfortable (albeit a little chilly) 62 degrees....and you are right. It does not take long at all to get to 70-72 degrees. Insulation goes a LONG way for comfort while working in extreme weather. Congrat's!

One word of advice, if you would be kind enough to accept it, I have shelves like yours in mine but they are only two feet deep. I will be slowly removing them because I have found that with all of the constantly changing projects I have going on in the shop, sometimes it's nice to be able to "reclaim" the square footage of the shelving.

What I have done instead, is buy those NSF shelves that Sam's Club has and instead of installing the feet, I installed the locking wheels. I have mine set up in isles normally but when I want to bring the boat in or have an abnormally large project going on, I simply wheel them out of the way or move the location of them until that project has been completed. It just makes for a very fluid and workable shop (for me). FWIW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Very well done Steve, congrats on your new shop.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Wonderful setup, Steve. Many studies on plants and music....those roses are spoiled by rocking tunes...Boston should do it! Really like your shop. I have a 24'x24' pole garage that fills my needs in the same way your shop does but good golly miss Molly, I wish it was as polished as yours. Thanks for sharing.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • steveinaz
    Thanks. I wanted a 24 x 24 but just couldn't fit it in the area.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    steveinaz wrote: »
    The slab is ridiculous, it's like 8-10" thick. Why they poured it so thick, I don't know. My shop is 16 x 24 Mr.Shed stick-built. The only prefab they use are the roof trusses.
    Here's a recent video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQXz-TahqJs

Very nice Steve!!!

Thank you very much for the video. That is a very nice work area you have. Dang!!!

halen
  • steveinaz
    Thanks!
  • Beautiful shop! Congratulations!!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • steveinaz
    Thanks!
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Nice shop, I dig it.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music