Opened Up My 2B's

Back of the drivers are stamped Apr 23 1990.
I had been married eight months. I had started working at an adult mental health facility only two months prior. I weighed 145 pounds. Sheesh...

Enough reminiscing. Pulling both crossovers and wiring harnesses to send to DHS, gotta drill and epoxy fittings for spikes, apply BH5 to cabinet, fit new tweets...and wait.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Skip, stop making me feel old...
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited December 2017
    I was in first or second grade. :p Probably the same height and weight as now at 33.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    That's what us old people do: complain. :p
  • Hey, what brand spikes/cones are you guys using or would recommend? Now that they are open, I want to install a good set.
  • TheChemist wrote: »
    Hey, what brand spikes/cones are you guys using or would recommend? Now that they are open, I want to install a good set.

The custom ones that Larry made, they are sweet. No idea if he'll be making anymore but there is a bunch of members that would like some I believe.

nlqerzusrw1e.jpeg

"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited December 2017
    TheChemist wrote: »
    Hey, what brand spikes/cones are you guys using or would recommend? Now that they are open, I want to install a good set.

How much do you want spend? Are your speakers going rest on carpet or a hard floor?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hard floor. Don't want to spend more than $200.00.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Ok, the Adona Multi-Element spikes are excellent. You want the 1/4-20 thread. The additional height will bring the tweeter closer to ear level. If it's a wood floor you'll need to get some floor discs.

http://www.adonacorporation.com/tweaks.html
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Agree with Jesse. The Adona spikes are are my vote. I own a set of them and use them with my 3.1TL's. They will work great for 2B's.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Thank you gentlemen!
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited December 2017
    TheChemist wrote: »
    Pulling both crossovers and wiring harnesses to send to DHS, gotta drill and epoxy fittings for spikes, apply BH5 to cabinet, fit new tweets...and wait.

On those Tweeters which ones you get will depend on if @westmassguy at DHS is doing the TL mod (This is a strongly recommended mod & cheap to do) or not, If no TL mod then you'll need to call Polk CS (1-800-377-7655 Option 1) and order 2 RDO-194's, If doing the TL mod order 2 RDO-198's, they cost the same. Oh make sure and tell them your a member here for a discount.

Hope this helps and Welcome to Club Polk aka "The Money Pit"
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Go for the TL - no time like the present!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• TheChemist
    TheChemist Posts: 13
    edited December 2017
    Alrighty! BH5 on the way, RDO-198's on the way, Dynamat on the way, crossovers are boxed and ready to ship out tomorrow morning, and they will have the TL mod. You know what pisses me off? We spend thousands on interconnect and speaker cables and inside the box are glorified zip-cord. AND in the left speaker the batting on the right side was rolled really sloppily and stuffed in the box. It wasn't perfectly placed like the right speaker. The rectangular batting had fallen down about four inches. For $1500 in 1992 dollars I think they would have been made better. Well, they will be now.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Nice bro

But we negate all your posts, and frown against those who do not give CP updates, reviews, and pics when you are done and give us a review...just saying ;)

Good luck, enjoy your results....and Happy Holidays :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a