got a Yamaha RX-V2700 for my Polk RTia5

Options
hi experts, trying to buy a Yamaha RX-V2700 to drive my polk rtia5. should be good as per specs. the seller is asking 250 CDN$ (about 210 USD). is this price ok for this receiver. should I buy it?

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    It would work fine. Price would depend on condition and if it has the original remote and box. Ebay sold prices in the US for that receiver vary widely and it looks like anything over $200 would be a bit high. Again though price depends on condition and what else is available to you where you are.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    As far as driving your A5s, that AVR should have no problem. That series is pretty old, so if this is for a HT system, video playback will be limited. I'm pretty sure you'll be limited to standard DVD, don't think it decodes BD.

If HT is of any importance, you may want to pass.
  • PixOtt
    PixOtt Posts: 15
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    It would work fine. Price would depend on condition and if it has the original remote and box. Ebay sold prices in the US for that receiver vary widely and it looks like anything over $200 would be a bit high. Again though price depends on condition and what else is available to you where you are.

hi @Emlyn I am from Ottawa, so the choices are limited. I have got some more recievers under 100 WPC. but I am looking for a minimum of 120 wpc at 0.04% THD. thanks for your input.