Where is Nightfall?

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,708
Anyone heard from Josh?
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Me, and Brian have tried getting ahold of him, there is a set of 2B's in mint condition with original boxes here with his name on them, as we know he hated selling his..
  • F1nut
    Good deal guys. He was a great member here, would hate to lose him.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Must be a reason for his absence. What soured him, or who?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Good of you to show up... unless you were held hostage in North Korea, you better have a good excuse for being gone.

:D:D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    Welcome back Josh.

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Me, and Brian have tried getting ahold of him, there is a set of 2B's in mint condition with original boxes here with his name on them, as we know he hated selling his..

Oooooh. B) Let's talk.

rz433_s-200x150.gif

These might be the ones.

https://denver.craigslist.org/for/d/polk-audio-speakers-pair/6401859477.html
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• F1nut
    Those look minty!

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Welcome home, Josh!
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    lightman1 wrote: »
    My bad....I said he was a cute little fella....musta scared him off.

That would scare anyone
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Good to hear from you Josh!
  • nooshinjohn
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Yer all welcome...from my high tech reinforced highly disguised "igloo" up here in Canada....eh...now where's my Molsons and back bacon???

Can’t speak to the Molson, but Russ has the market cornered on Baby-got-Back Bacon.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Yer all welcome...from my high tech reinforced highly disguised "igloo" up here in Canada....eh...now where's my Molsons and back bacon???

Can’t speak to the Molson, but Russ has the market cornered on Baby-got-Back Bacon.

You know me all too well, John. ;)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Slippery slope's right Russ.
  • lightman1
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I like curves that you need a Porsche to hug tight.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Ski jump

Mikey like the slopeys
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2017

I like curves that you need a Sherpa to climb.

Fixed...

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Yea John i was going to comment with a bunch of climbing gear lingo, but .......
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

I like curves that you need a Sherpa to climb.

Fixed...

John in a Sherpa :s:s
    Blonde in a Sherpa :p:):)
    66k61w2vuewp.jpg

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    After seeing this thread @nightfall will never return again lol
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Toolfan66
    Josh, did you get the 2B's??
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I'm trying.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I'm trying.
    Try? DO, or do not... there is no try.

• Nightfall
    What else would you call two attempts to meet up with the seller saying they're busy? :'( Tomorrow, hopefully.

• nooshinjohn
    I think Yoda would reach out through the Force. :p

• Toolfan66
    Update?? Did you get them??
  • Nightfall
    Got them. Didn't come with SDA Interconnect but @agfrost will be sending one my way soon enough. Waiting to hook them up until then.