Edifier speakers for PC?

Options
obieone
obieone Posts: 5,077
Are these any good? i'm looking for something above the Logitech's.
They have great reviews on Amazon, but so did Amy Schumers last stand-up special :p (YES I have trust issues)
TIA for any feedback
I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    You could get the Polk TL3's. That's what I have for my pc, they sound great.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2017
    Options

Those are conventional speakers. The ones I'm referencing are powered speakers, that plug directly into the headphone jack on a PC. If PA made these style, I'd buy 'em :)
    I'm trying to avoid DAC/ external sound card, recvr, etc.
    I've already got that set up on main rig in living room, this is just a simple PC for learning MS office, etc.
    cfrizz wrote: »
    You could get the Polk TL3's. That's what I have for my pc, they sound great.

I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Klipsch makes a pair... And Polk slapped their name on many a powered pair for HP... Troll Craigslist or let-go for computer speakers, they're everywhere.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have these edifiers in my living room

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B016PATXSI/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512369916&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=edifier&dpPl=1&dpID=51jbS0P7N6L&ref=plSrch

Girlfriend has her TT hooked up to it, we have the speakers on 24 inch speaker stands. I’m actually really shocked how good these sound. The bass is impressive, and they fill our living room with sound no problem.

Remote works great, Bluetooth hooks up without a hitch. And I think they have a 3 year warranty? For the money they are awesome, on a desktop I think they would do really well. They have tone controls which is nice, because they are a tad bass heavy.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• zeppage2
    zeppage2 Posts: 196
    Options
    I have that model, R1700BT, as well for my computer setup.
    I really like them and I think they offer full sound for near field listening.