NICE Marantz PM 8005 integrated amp w phono w remote COMPLETE

geppy1
geppy1 Posts: 3,071
edited November 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I am selling my Marantz PM 8005 integrated amp. This unit is only 8 months old and in excellent condition and works perfectly. The remote ,batteries and owners manual are still in there packing. In other words pretty much like new. The 8005 is an improvement over the 8004 as it has an upgraded power supply to provide higher current to low impedance loads. It is conservatively rated at 70 per side into 8 ohms and 100 into 4 ohms. It features 6 inputs including an excellent MM discrete phono stage Also has preamp out and a bypass to use in a HT system. Can drive two sets of speakers (nice terminals) and headphones. Excellent headphone section. There are triple tone controls and direct source to bypas them It is built like a tank a at almost 27lbs. Typical Marantz sound, full rich ,musical . Include box and packing, all paperwork, remote, batteries and power cord. I retails for $1200 I am only asking $695. Thanks

oh4pconh7dzy.jpg
pkbdy7p4fnza.jpg
oalrqcnvmb8g.jpg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited November 2017
    The 8005 is an improvement over the 8004 as it has an upgraded power supply to provide higher current to low impedance loads.

I'm curious where you got that info from as they have the same tranny and power supply filter caps.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• geppy1
    1) It draws 220 from the wall verses 200 on the 8004. 625VA transformer
    2) The sales man I got it from talked to the rep and asked the differences He knew but wanted to confirm
    Mahwah, NJ, December 17, 2013—Marantz®, a world leader in advanced home entertainment solutions, announces the launch of the PM8005 integrated amplifier and the SA8005 super-audio compact-disc (SACD) player & DAC to its line of hi-fi components for audiophiles looking for outstanding sound quality at a great value. An upgrade of the award-winning PM8004 integrated amplifier, the new PM8005 adds optimized power handling characteristics and a redesign of the large double-shielded Toroidal transformer’s circuitry for improved bandwidth power. The new SA8005 SACD player features faster, low-noise and lower impedance symmetrical circuits with high-quality components. The loading mechanism virtually eliminates resonance, while its reduced distortion spectrum gets the very best audio quality from SACDs.

“These two new, optimized models bring to the market hi-fi products that represent a combination of the best in new technology at a price point within a range that many consumers can appreciate,” said Paul Belanger, product manager, D+M Group. “They build on our acclaimed previous 8004 series, featuring improved components and circuitry for even-better audio quality and expanded connectivity.”
  • F1nut
    Ok, you have to read between the marketing hype lines.

The transformer is the same size in both, but they reconfigured the windings in the PM8005. That's all.

The 8004 weighs 26.9 while the 8005 weighs 26.4, which proves the transformer in the 8005 is not larger.

The THD is equal in both at 0.02%.

The frequency bandwidth for the 8004 is 5Hz-60kHz, while the 8005 is 5Hz-100kHz. I don't know anyone that can hear over 20kHz.

That said, the PM8005 is an excellent musical integrated and this one is available at a great price.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• geppy1
    Still for sale Sold on Ebay for $735 but buyer backed out as he did not want to pay shipping offshore to PR. Still for sale
  • F1nut
    Makes you wonder why he bought it....geesh!

President of Club Polk

• geppy1
    PRICE DROP $650 WOW
  • logo896
    logo896 Posts: 322
    I also have one of these for 650.00 if anyone is interested.