Just bought a new Lexus!

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Only one toll plaza on that route...see attached. I highlighted the toll plaza's you would be passing through enroute
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    If it was me...I'd run the tolls then pay when I get home...use your paper tag number to search and pay

https://www.hctra.org/MissedAToll

Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Thanks again TXC for this info. I didn't even think of the tolls. I think my age is starting to effect me, I'm so dreding the traffic crap.
  • txcoastal1
    It won't be that bad, just run the tolls and pay later

I've driven over many cities in the US, the Houston area is far the best in the state at handling traffic, as well as many other cities I've traveled outside the state

If you want to talk feel free to send me a PM with ph#

---Ron

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    la2vegas wrote: »
    If a new car has paper dealer plates how will the owner get a bill in the mail for driving past the tolls?

Don't know about TX, but it is possible their paper plates are actual temp license plates with numbers, versus CA which just have the dealers name on it. Since the CA plates are just advertisements for the dealer, they can be removed. In the near future CA will be going to actual temp paper license plates to get those who avoid tolls. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    The dealer plates have numbers that are registered to the dealer

If he doesn't pay the dealer will be invoiced

• Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    I can verify that paper plates are numbered and assigned to you. If you hit a toll with the paper tag, you will get a bill in the mail. Happened to us just last month. Same situation.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • txcoastal1
    I'm assuming you're gonna crash somewhere

I'd make it up to Arkadelphia AR area, the morning drive should be beautiful from their on up if my memory is correct

• Not sure where I'm going to crash after flying all day to get there. Hopefully I'll get a second burst of energy. I have to fly into IAH unfortunately which the guy told me is at least an hour from the dealer if it's not rush hour.
  • BlueFox
    Quick question.

What is the difference between IS and GS models? To me it seems the IS is performance oriented, and the GS is luxury oriented. Is that correct?

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • The IS is smaller. The GS is performance oriented if you get the F-Sport package or the GS-F which is a V8 car.
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    DSkip wrote: »
    My dad had the GS-F but his was a V6. Is the V8 with the newer year? I think his was a '15. For performance, I preferred my G37 as it seemed to hold the road better and accelerate faster. His was a nicer car overall. I could really go for those cooled seats now...

I think there is a GS-350 F-Sport that has a V6 and a separate car called GS-F which has the V8.
  • adb3da wrote: »
    My dad had the GS-F but his was a V6. Is the V8 with the newer year? I think his was a '15. For performance, I preferred my G37 as it seemed to hold the road better and accelerate faster. His was a nicer car overall. I could really go for those cooled seats now...

I think there is a GS-350 F-Sport that has a V6 and a separate car called GS-F which has the V8.

You are correct. I think the GS-F came out in 16. It's pretty much been a flop. The used market is flooded with them. It's just not enough car with a MSRP close to 90k. The dealers are discounting them big time.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I looked at the GSF (not the F sport). Couldn’t figure out why the retail. $90k? I’d rather buy an S550 coupe.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    adb3da wrote: »

Correct.

And re the g37 vs gs350, I had the g37 coupe stick shift before I started to test drive the gs350, I believe it’s a wash in terms of acceleration. If I miss a gear, I’m toast. The gs350 was smooth.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    charley95 wrote: »
    The IS is smaller. The GS is performance oriented if you get the F-Sport package or the GS-F which is a V8 car.

Yes. IS is small. GS is sized just right if you got kids but still want to putt putt around town in style and speed.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited December 2017
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I looked at the GSF (not the F sport). Couldn’t figure out why the retail. $90k? I’d rather buy an S550 coupe.
    Well, these cars are so out of my realm that I should not even be talking about them but......I'm a car guy from Detroit, I like to talk cars.

Anyway, I agree with you Joey, the GSF is a nice car but its an expensive underperforming performance sedan car compared to its competition. Plus, there is nothing like driving the German cars or the recent super sedan from Detroit, the CTS-V. I would probably go German as well for $90K. as if that is going to happen....LOL!

There are several sweet cars out there in the segment.

1. Audi RS7 - Price: $111,650 - $130,450
    2. Cadillac CTS-V - Price: $86,990
    3. Audi S6 - Price: $71,850
    4. Audi S7 - Price:$80,850
    5. Porsche Panamera Turbo / Turbo S - Price: $147,950 - $161,050
    6. Porsche Panamera - Price: $86,050 - $114,950
    7. Mercedes-AMG CLS63 S 4MATIC - Price: $109,895
    8. BMW M5 - Price: $95,095
    9. BMW M6 Gran Coupe - Price: $118,495
    10. Mercedes-AMG E63 S 4MATIC - Price: $105,395
    11. Lexus GS F - Price: $84,935
    12. Maserati Ghibli - Price: $72,850 - $80,950

My dream ride is the Audi RS-7!!!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • BlueFox
    Now you guys have me looking at the 2018 IS F sport. Fortunately, my Mazda 3 continues to work flawlessly. :)

2leq8rhys1hw.jpg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox wrote: »
    Now you guys have me looking at the 2018 IS F sport. Fortunately, my Mazda 3 continues to work flawlessly. :)

2leq8rhys1hw.jpg

Shop around. If ya don't mind traveling to get one you just might find a good deal. I've never had much luck with my local dealers. Your higher volume dealers tend to price pretty good. To me, half the fun is going to pick it up. I can't tell ya how much sleep I've lost till I go pick mine up.
  • A dealer in LA was the cheapest but, logistically it wasn't going to work for me.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    BlueFox wrote: »

2leq8rhys1hw.jpg

Bud it’s a great car. I have had one for a little over 3 years. No problems at all. But would not consider anything but the IS 350 F-sport or IS-F. Mine is a 350 and is kind of quick. The F is a different story all together.

You can’t go wrong with either of them.

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Do they still make the IS-F?
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Do they still make the IS-F?

Not real sure. I drove a 2015 when i was getting mine and have not looked since
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I don't like the grille. It reminds me of this dude's mouth.

dtxteo34gxke.jpg
  • BlueFox
    Do they still make the IS-F?

Looks like it. I didn't notice the 350 F Sport when I looked, but now I see it.

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS

The problem is I also want to upgrade the speaker and interconnect cables. So, is it cables or a car? :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • The new bass mouth grills on most of their line up is either "love it or hate it". I love mine! IS-F is no longer available.
  • txcoastal1
    Shut up bud :)

• BlueFox
    I don't know Ron. My car is 13 years old now, but is still working fine. My next car will be my last, and I would like a really nice car once in my life. On the other hand, I listen to the stereo all the time, and drive very little. So, does it make sense to have $50K sitting in the garage most of the time? Maybe, maybe not. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    I hear ya' Bud
    You can get some pretty nice cars in the 30-35K range

What's your average annual miles

• BlueFox
    Not much now, but I would like to cruise when I retire. I will hold onto the Mazda until it falls apart, and then revisit the car issue. I do like that IS though, but last week it was the Nissan 370Z. LOL

Three 20 amp circuits.