No sound from my subwoofer psw505

Help please,
My sub is a few hours old, it was working just fine , a couple of hours later it stopped working. There's power and the green light is on, but no sound. I tried everything possible but I still can't get it to work. Any ideas? Thanks

Answers

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Is it getting signal? Can you verify that?
  • How is it hooked up LFE or L and R?
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • RYS
    RYS Posts: 3
    LFE connection and it does have power, not sure if that's what you mean by receiving signal. Thank you
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Need to verify the LFE from the receiver is actually putting out audio signal. That will indicate the direction of the fault. Presuming that the AVR is working properly, and assuming you've tried the L and R inputs as well, unplug the sub completely and remove the driver. Look to see that the amp wires are still connected an do a quick continuity test at the driver terminal.
  • RYS
    RYS Posts: 3
    Thank you FestYboy, I'll give it a try
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    If it's a new subwoofer, hold off on removing the driver as that may void any warranty you have.

First thing to do is to make sure your receiver is set up properly. Are all the inputs set up correctly ? Did you go through the setup procedure ?

Then make sure your playing something with some bass material, like a dvd such as Transformers or another with lots of lower bass. Set the sub volume at about the 1 o'clock position.

Let us know if that is accomplished, then we can move on to the next step of troubleshooting.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable