Just bought a new Lexus!

After searching cross country i found the best deal I could find on an 18 GS 350 F-Sport. The color is metallic black with red leather. The color will match our 14 RX. I'm so freaking pumped I can't sleep! It didn't dawn on me till a few days ago to just deal with a sales mgr. or a general mgr. I found that dealing with sales people is just a PITA. One guy I worked with took all day of back and forth just to get a damn purchase order from him.

Found the car in Houston and will be looking forward to the drive home. And no, it's not a flood car. It was delivered new just 2 weeks ago to the dealer. Totally love the 14 we have but have never been an SUV guy, the wife can have it permanently now. Wanted a RWD vs. AWD and RWD's are not available here in the midwest. After 9 years of driving my 96 Buick beater it was time for an upgrade. Flying out in a few days to pick it up. Wish me luck that car safely makes it home!

Comments

• Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Congrats on the new Lexus. Those are nice cars. Can't afford a new one myself, but definitely a Lexus/Toyota man as I've got 4 in the garage but the newest one is a 2005. 226k miles on the 98LS and still going strong. We, of course are expecting pics, or, it really didn't happen. Have a safe and fun drive home.

Upgrading from a 96 Buick.... this is going to be a drastic change.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Lexus owner here also, Congrats on your new GS 350, a Beautiful Ride! I love the new design!

Our GX 470 is over 11 years old, with only 145K on the clock, she rides and drives like the day we brought her home. I have plans on the GX running another 11 years.

Quick story; We had a Recall Notice on the Dash Board, seems that in time the padded Dash would crack, ours had a couple of small splits in it. I made arrangements with the Dealership and they replaced the complete Dash assembly (the padded portion), gave me a Loaner car to drive home, and return the next day, all at NO charge.

This was on a 10 year old vehicle at the time...above and beyond.

• Used to be a diehard GM guy since my dad used to work for them but, not anymore. My bro in law bought a new GS in 98 and I thought he was crazy since the brand was fairly new. He drove that car almost 300k for 10 years and only had to perform general maintenance for the most part. After buying my RX in 14 and not having to go back for repairs since then is a big deal to me. I know too many people that have newer cars from the big 3 and they typically are in the shop for one thing or another. Not saying all domestics are bad but, I've had my fill of them through the years.

Next week can't get here soon enough!
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Happy Lexus owner here too ... GS350 AWD . Had a GX470 suv prior to that .

Congrats
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Sweet car man, congrats. I've had a 96 ES300 and now have a 2009 RX350, and just picked up a new beater....99 GS300 with 280k on the clock to replace the beater 98 Honda. About as clean an example of a 99 GS300 as you'll ever see with no rust and clean interior. Dang thing is a pleasure to drive, more comfortable than the SUV actually. Plus you can go down off ramps at 75 without excessive leaning.

The mid to late 90's Lexus were built very well in my opinion. I've been sold on the Lexus brand since 96. Your going to love that ride pal, enjoy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    I own a 2005 Lexus GX470 with 150k on the clock and love it. Still going strong. Daughter will turn 16 in a year and will probably get her a used NX or RX. Great brand—they keep running with no major problems. Congrats and enjoy!
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Congrats - always admired the high quality and dependability (and they are swanky to boot!)
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Rumor has it that they are dropping this model due to lagging sales since it's similar to the ES and bases for more $$. No facts yet since Lexus is keeping mum on it. They dropped the base price from last year by $2750 and took away some options. I always liked the style of it and wanted to try and hustle the best deal I could on it. Whenever I've bought new I always tried to buy at the end of the generation model before the new redesign comes out. There's usually more bugs worked out of them by the end of the generation.

This will be a long time keeper and be quite a while before I buy another new car.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Congratulations on the new addition to your Lexus collection!

Like others who have commented, I'm a dedicated and loyal Lexus owner. First bought one (an LS 400) in 1991), shortly after the marque was introduced in the US.

Then, we purchased a 1993 GS 300 in 1993 (a demo car). We drove it for well over 100K miles until my younger daughter drove it with the overheated warning light on and blew a gasket. (This was in 2008.)

When we moved from California to New Hampshire in 1997, we quickly learned that we needed a "snow buggy," so I bought a 1999 LX 470.

I traded in my 1999 LX 470 in 2009 (with 140k+ miles) in 2009. I got a 2007 CPO LX 470 with 19K miles, which I still drive today (about 90K miles, now).

In 2003, we gave the 1990 LS to my father-in-law, and I purchased my wife a new LS 430, which now has about 110k miles on it and which she still drives. This summer in Manhattan a Lexus salesperson from Edison, NJ, stopped her in a parking lot, gave her his card, and said that he wanted to buy the car if she ever sells it!

We bought my older daughter a CPO 2003 GS 300 in 2006, when she was a sophomore in college. She finally traded it in on an RX 350 F Sport in 2014, when she needed an AWD car to commute to work in northern NJ.

She was in an accident caused my an overly aggressive NJ driver, and the RX saved her life. She then leased another RX 350 F Sport, which she still drives.

As I said, we are dedicated and loyal Lexus owners.

I think I can also say that my Lexus journey is just another rabbit hole into which I have dived.

Watch out! You may find that it is another one for you, too! :)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Wow, you are dedicated to the brand! I hope I get many years of service out of it. The one thing I do like about it is I seldom see any here in central Illinois. I can go 2 weeks and not see a one on the streets. It will be nice to have something unique that's not seen everyday. Now the RX's are everywhere. Oh, and did I mention that it's better than a Nissan Leaf! :}
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    charley95 wrote: »
    Wow, you are dedicated to the brand! I hope I get many years of service out of it. The one thing I do like about it is I seldom see any here in central Illinois. I can go 2 weeks and not see a one on the streets. It will be nice to have something unique that's not seen everyday. Now the RX's are everywhere. Oh, and did I mention that it's better than a Nissan Leaf! :}

I can't tell you how many times I walked up to the wrong RX in a Costco parking lot. lol
    Yeah, they've sold a boat load of those Suv's.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • I've always parked ours a mile out to stay away from other cars. I'll walk a mile to avoid a door ding. Something is bound to happen sooner or later since it's daily driven. I always tease people wherever we go in it that I have a shuttle coming to pick us up since we park so far out. It will be nice having a lower center of gravity on the new one. The RX is not made for handling, that's for sure.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited November 2017
    Very nice KICKASS car! I admire the engineering very much....and man do I love shutting the doors. Such a solid sound.

I'm actually still driving my old '02 Chrysler 300M that I purchased back in '06 for under $14K. I test drove this car new in '02 with a $32K-$34K sticker that was too rich for my blood.

Now, I'm struggling to get another year out of it. I really want a '13-'17 Toyota Avalon...the cheaper stripped cousin to the ES (Man, would I love a later model ES!!!). I'm just waiting for the right time money wise. I'm dreaming of a silver one with dark 19" wheels...like this one.
    0uitkl0a8nxk.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice, post up some pics once you get it home!

My uncle just bought this crazy new Lexus LC500:

l74pvhds7t6v.jpg

We've been looking at an RC60 for a weekend, fun ride. Can't stand the tariff on the LC500! It's a Beauty!

xif4k8b7b6wk.jpg

• Do your research and don't hesitate to buy out of state if you save $$ in the end. You'd be surprised how many people pay MSRP or close to it. Out of the probably 2 dozen dealers I spoke with only one wanted full list. I presented my local dealer the #'s and he couldn't come close. And last but not least, don't ever display to any dealer that you just love their car. They will have you right where they want you. A lot of people buy based on emotion and that's when you've been had. You have to be willing to walk because that one dealer is not the only game out there. I just love the haggle process!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited November 2017
    Those LS500's look kind of like those old Lexis 2 door coupes they came out with 15 years ago or more. I LOVED that style before and I LOVE the new one too. That new one looks like it wants to go fast. :p

I have seen a few of those older 2 door coupes here in Wilm. NC. but the mileages were always high as well as the prices.

Matter of fact, a couple of weeks ago I saw one for 7995.00 I believe on the windshield at a car lot. I said to myself, God I would like to stop back there on the way back from where I was going. Well, it was gone. Maybe a salesman drove it home or something. I just remembered that car just now. It was a cool yellow. Most were red or silver that I've seen over the years.

Just like the Mercedes SL500 2 door coupes. I always wanted one of them too. But they have high mileages now and they may only be 5k to 7k , I'm deathly afraid of something going wrong. Remember the Cadillac repair bills of the past ?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    We've been looking at an RC60 for a weekend, fun ride. Can't stand the tariff on the LC500! It's a Beauty!

xif4k8b7b6wk.jpg
    My bud got an Orange one not too long ago. Sweet car.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Love lexus. Have owned both Benz and lexus and either one gets my vote.

My brother is a Beemer guy but I prefer the former.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited November 2017
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice, post up some pics once you get it home!

My uncle just bought this crazy new Lexus LC500:

l74pvhds7t6v.jpg

Now that is what I'm talking about

I asked the wife if we could buy one for me, she said no
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • To save some $$ on the flight down to Houston I have to leave Peoria @ 6 am and arrive there @ 1:30. Have to zig zag to get there and two flight changes. Then the Lexus dealer is an hour drive from the airport. Argh, I hate flying! It will be worth it in the long run, it's not everyday you get a new Lexus.
  • DSkip wrote: »
    If you find yourself driving through the Dallas area and want to drop by, shoot me a PM. I doubt you'll come through this way but you are welcome if you do.

Thanks for the offer! I'm not sure which way I'll drive back. I was thinking of heading west on I-10 to Baton Rouge then take I-55N to Illinois.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited November 2017
    I preferred the 59 to 30 route cutting through Little Rock

Made the drive a couple times from Houston to Quincy IL
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1 wrote: »

I assume you live in the Houston area? I'll be leaving the dealer in Friendswood,Tx. Is 59 open interstate or will I encounter traffic lights on that route?
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    You probably have thought of this already, but I think Lexus still recommends engine break in for the first few hundred miles which means varying engine speed and not accelerating or braking too hard right away.

Enjoy the ride!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

I assume you live in the Houston area? I'll be leaving the dealer in Friendswood,Tx. Is 59 open interstate or will I encounter traffic lights on that route?

Yeah I'm 9 miles from the dealership. I'm next door to Friendswood in League City

Hwy open, I just didn't like the stretch from Baton Rouge to Memphis...boring

Prefer the Arkansas view
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Yeah I'm 9 miles from the dealership. I'm next door to Friendswood in League City

Hwy open, I just didn't like the stretch from Baton Rouge to Memphis...boring

Prefer the Arkansas view

Thanks! I think I'll take that route. I hate boring routes too. Looks like I'll be leaving the dealer at rush hour. Do you know if I'll encounter heavy traffic in the Houston area getting out of there?
  • Emlyn wrote: »
    You probably have thought of this already, but I think Lexus still recommends engine break in for the first few hundred miles which means varying engine speed and not accelerating or braking too hard right away.

Enjoy the ride!

I'll be doing all of that going home. Gonna change the break in oil once I get home.
  • txcoastal1
    Unfortunately the easiest route is the toll road which takes EZ-Tags most of the way, would get you around the traffic....you could run the tolls and get a bill in the mail

The other route is
    I-45 (gulf fwy) Northbound to Exit to
    610 E loop, which will swing to around 610 N Loop to Exit
    59N to Cleveland ....then the way you go

• The tolls don't take cash or coin?