Where'd all the beer threads go?

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    2gd1rojjjdz0.jpg

Point-Snow Pilot Pistachio Nut Brown Ale

Pretty Tasty
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Was drinking the Lagunitas Born Yesterday Fresh Hop Pale Ale about 2 hours ago. Very, very nice. I am now drinking the very "stout", Fathead Hop Juju Imperial IPA. This is an excellent beer. It is smooth, flavorful, and is great at 9.1%. Be very careful with this one. It'll get ya.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Holy tropical fruit Mr. Travolta!
    Leisure suit and Saturday Night Fever soundtrack optional

ts95xghqa8ef.jpg
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Nice hazy looking IPA yous got there.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    headrott wrote: »
    Was drinking the Lagunitas Born Yesterday Fresh Hop Pale Ale about 2 hours ago. Very, very nice. I am now drinking the very "stout", Fathead Hop Juju Imperial IPA. This is an excellent beer. It is smooth, flavorful, and is great at 9.1%. Be very careful with this one. It'll get ya.

That Born Yesterday is pretty damn good this year, isn't it?

Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • headrott
    strider wrote: »
    headrott wrote: »

That Born Yesterday is pretty damn good this year, isn't it?

Yeah it is @strider. Good to see you again, by the way.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    edited November 2017
    Malbec wrote: »
    Holy tropical fruit Mr. Travolta!
    Leisure suit and Saturday Night Fever soundtrack optional

ts95xghqa8ef.jpg

I would like to recommend Modern Times Critical Band (hazy) IPA. Hopefully you can find it in your area. It's a great "New England style" IPA.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Forgun beer nerds.........

If it makes you feel refreshed and manly....drink it!
  • lightman1
    I'm lookin' at you Frederique and Grigario.....
  • mrbiron
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Forgun beer nerds.........
    If it makes you feel refreshed and manly....drink it!
    I have the hairiest palms this side of Morrisville...
  • Malbec
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Yeah, it took the taste buds a couple cans to switch gears. Not what I was expecting.
    Having said that, it's pretty darn tasty. I recommend seeking it out.
    Another one I need to spend more time with is Hubbard's Cave. It seems to be better served a few degrees warmer than most Hazy IPA's.

hwrr66r24zmt.jpg

My nephew brought this swill for Thanksgiving. God bless him.
  • Malbec
    Hey Greg, I'll look for the Modern Times Critical Band. I've had the Orderville.
    rg940urh0x2i.jpg

Earlier today I picked up 24 of these bad boys. Bottled Oct 26th
    4gq4npxg1dc6.jpg
  • mrbiron
    edited November 2017
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Yeah, it took the taste buds a couple cans to switch gears. Not what I was expecting.
    Having said that, it's pretty darn tasty. I recommend seeking it out.
    Another one I need to spend more time with is Hubbard's Cave. It seems to be better served a few degrees warmer than most Hazy IPA's.

hwrr66r24zmt.jpg

My nephew brought this swill for Thanksgiving. God bless him.

I've had many a Headtopper. Fantastic. The also make an unfiltered called focal banger that is quite good. It's not the easiest to come by, but i cherish the moments... ;)
  • headrott
    edited November 2017
    Hey Greg, I'll look for the Modern Times Critical Band. I've had the Orderville.
    rg940urh0x2i.jpg

Earlier today I picked up 24 of these bad boys. Bottled Oct 26th
    4gq4npxg1dc6.jpg

While I like the Orderville. IMO, the Critical Band is a little better. This is confusing to me as the Mosaic Hop is probably my favorite hop and Orderville has a lot of Mosaic in it?

The 120 Minute is just too over the top for me. I like the 60 minute and the 90 minute, but 120 is plain harsh, IMO. What is it? 12%ABV?
    Post edited by headrott on
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• mrbiron
    The 120 ranges ranges from i think 14-20%.
    Personally, i think it's fantastic ;)

You should try the dogfish 90 minute challenge. Drink a 4 pack in 90 minutes...w00f! :#
  • lightman1
    I've had the 120.......It kicks you in the face then takes you out at the knees.

Highly recommended.
  • Malbec
    Regarding the Orderville. Here's your answer on the Mosaic conundrum.
    http://www.moderntimesbeer.com/blog/the-absurd-story-of-orderville

Ha ha I understand the "over the top" statement. I would offer a three shot amount of 120 to one of my Coors Light buddies, tell them to toss it back and watch their face contort. Then shake and writhe their head about like they're trying to ward off a swarm of bees.

The 120 really shines after about 2-5 years of aging. Last Christmas I sampled a 2yo
    bottle with my son in law. He was amazed how much it mellowed and added "layers of complexity" as he described It. This year we're going to do a vertical tasting from 5 different years. Yum. Grab some 120 and sock it away for a few years. You're welcome.

• headrott
    I have not tried aged 120. Only "fresh". Does it mellow out, after aging?

I tried some Modern Times Blam Blam on tap at my local tap house tonight and I would say it's better than Orderville and Critical Band, IMO.

I only tried the Orderville once, so I may need to try it again as I have found your taste buds can vary depending on your hydration level and at least 10 other variables. I will get another bottle of Orderville next time I go to my local Roth's. Thanks for the link, @Malbec, and @mrbiron and @lightman1for the responses.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    I hope I can find some of that 120 around here....letting it age may be problematic though.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Malbec
    Greg, after a couple years the Doggie 120 mellows immensely.
    This years 2017 run is much more "approachable" than years past.

Bob, I would be shocked if you couldn't find Doggie 120 in Williamsport.
    Have you cracked that Brown Ale yet?

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    I'll have to get out and look. I know Wegmans carries several of their brews but not the 120.
    Yep, been slurping the brown ale for 2 weeks now. I must say the last few bottles taste better than the one I tried a bit too soon. Sis is visiting next weekend and hope they are even better then. It's very drinkable, since I forgot to measure for abv I'm not sure what it is but based on the smile on my face after two I would say it's 6.5+ :)
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mrbiron
    Just be warned. A single 12oz of 120 will run you $10-12 depending on location.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    1orzxndz2nnf.jpg

Breckenridge Brewery-Oatmeal Stout
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • lightman1
    91nhkztl16oa.jpg

Something to take the chill off the old bones.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Love Chimay. Cant find TINY anymore though.
  • lightman1
    edited December 2017
    deronb1 wrote: »

Dafuq? Espound upon your statement.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    See his english is worser than mine professor
  • Malbec

I dunno. Maybe @deronb1 is talking about Weyerbacher's Belgian Imperial Stout.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited December 2017

IT MEANS HE CAN ONLY FIND IN THE LITER BOTTLES...Duh :/:)
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Lol...Chimay made an ale called TINY. Very good stuff.