Tree is up - share yours?

9zwxssvx81fz.jpg

I like the added reflections off the 705s...

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Beautiful !

That there will put you in the Christmas Spirit.

I miss putting one up.

Some never take them down.

I remember a picture of a forum members tree being 10' tall and as beautiful as yours a few years back.

Again, I miss putting one up !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    So get one and put it up... I expect pictures, even if it looks like Charlie Brown’s.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Ours is still in the ground. Picking it up on Dec 8th.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    edited November 2017
    ev0v96m8ehva.jpg

Undecorated pic
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    we cut ours today :)
    Watch this space...
  • Going tonight.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    ^^^ oy.

Kitteh is up there...
  • taep7oygyad3.jpeg
    It’s standing. It’ll be decorated tomorrow evening.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    In the process. We are about a third of the way there on the tree. The house is another story. :(gddda0hkc7fd.jpeg
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Tony M
    edited November 2017
    Here you go John and others.

This is about all we do. Maybe a 4' fake tree inside but not this year yet.

e1wltdgbinw5.png
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    6 cats = no tree...ever
  • Tony M
    ^^^^
    And if you did put up a tree, no expensive ornaments at all, right ?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    This is the new Nissan Cone. It runs on pine tar.

q9qe3il1dwi8.jpg
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Viking64 wrote: »
    This is the new Nissan Cone. It runs on pine tar.

q9qe3il1dwi8.jpg

You.....good sir.....are near worthy of resident troll. I like your style.

Keep up the good work.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Ours is up. Our 4 year old daughter had a blast decorating it. Needless to say most decorations are on the lower half of the tree and clumped together. We will be adjusting this shortly. On the other hand I have over 500 outdoor lights up. arv9oxw5law5.jpg
    I have added since. A reindeer and two snow men that light up.
  • Tony M
    edited November 2017
    We put out the white trees in our yard today. And a 4' lighted ( computer programed to twinkle all the lights randomly )wreath above the man-cave's porch. Maybe the inside will see some cheer soon too.

Then I just watched a little of Rudolph the stop action classic in-between Tucker Carlson's show.

So that cheered me up some more. :)

Oh yea, I had this station that plays all kinds of Christmas music for 25 days playing through my man-caves outdoor porch speakers. That was very nice ! They played some fine music and songs. Karen Carpenters' " Have yourself a merry little Christmas" was just one. What a pure voice !
  • FestYboy
    Tony M wrote: »
    ^^^^
    And if you did put up a tree, no expensive ornaments at all, right ?

They'd all have to be "soft" ornaments, either fabric or unbreakable plastics, and NO lights.
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Tony M wrote: »
    We put out the white trees in our yard today. And a 4' lighted ( computer programed to twinkle all the lights randomly )wreath above the man-cave's porch. Maybe the inside will see some cheer soon too.

Then I just watched a little of Rudolph the stop action classic in-between Tucker Carlson's show.

So that cheered me up some more. :)

Oh yea, I had this station that plays all kinds of Christmas music for 25 days playing through my man-caves outdoor porch speakers. That was very nice ! They played some fine music and songs. Karen Carpenters' " Have yourself a merry little Christmas" was just one. What a pure voice !

You did it more directly than I did, Tony, but our intent was the same. I hooked up some Amazon Echo DOTs to a few of these Bluetooth amps (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N8Q57FS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), with 705s near the tree and 703s in the kitchen. Then, with the annual unlimited Amazon music subscription, I have Christmas music (or any genre or song I want, voice-activated) playing within sight of the tree. Total cost about $175 per setup, since I already had the available speakers.

• FestYboy
    @Kurt300 , how do you like your SMSL? I haven't hooked mine up yet because I haven't finished the passive mod to the AE 5s for Caety's studio yet. But I've been itching to so the 4.6s might go in their place for a bit just to get things bumping for now.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited November 2017
    The fence is to keep Jasper out of the tree.

450vad9yczs1.jpg

I did some outdoor decorating this year too... >:)

3uxrwinzhhos.jpg

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • FestYboy
    SCompRacer wrote: »

450vad9yczs1.jpg
    That fence wouldn't do jack against my kids (cats), you're lucky to have such a well behaved feline.
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    edited November 2017
    FestYboy wrote: »
    @Kurt300 , how do you like your SMSL? I haven't hooked mine up yet because I haven't finished the passive mod to the AE 5s for Caety's studio yet. But I've been itching to so the 4.6s might go in their place for a bit just to get things bumping for now.

I was surprised how clean and full it sounds, at low to moderate volumes, even driving the 705s. It does run hot, so in an abundance of caution I placed both of them on some insulating material.
  • Tony M
    Here are the night time picks of the outdoor trees and wreath.

2up5035c8zcs.jpg
    2dy3m4hj0uf1.jpg
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    FestYboy wrote: »
    SCompRacer wrote: »

450vad9yczs1.jpg
    That fence wouldn't do jack against my kids (cats), you're lucky to have such a well behaved feline.

Jasper is not well behaved. He will jump into the tree over the fence sometimes. Depends on his mood. He's a hybrid, nothing normal about him...lol
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • FestYboy
    Our goal is to have at least 2 Maine Coons, or Norwegians and a Serval/F1 Savanna or Occicat.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited December 2017
    bblua4x900km.jpg

Here with the snowman and snowwoman and the reindeer
  • pbph0eeozxy2.jpeg